Blank Screen is SL viewer

XjorindeX

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1561 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi all,

Came back after a real long break wanted to play SL again, so downloaded the original SL viewer, logged in and then..... o.O.

All things run smooth but i cant see any text or images in my Profile, Others Profile, Search, Help etc. Tried everything i could find about this problem but nothing helped. Hope someone on the forum knows what to do, all my drivers are up to date and running the following specs:

-) Intel I7 2.6 ghz
-) 16 gb RAM
-) 64 bit
-) Windows 10
-) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M

With ore without AV both wont work.

Knipsel.PNG

Edited by XjorindeX

The usual cause of web profiles and search failing to load in the viewer is that your antivirus software has deleted or blocked SlPlugin.exe or the CEF plugin (llceflib_host.exe) from running.
It could also be caused by a bad install where some files are missing.

To rule out a bad install, please logout of the viewer & uninstall the Second Life viewer the usual way through Windows Programs & Features in control panel and download the viewer again from https://secondlife.com/support/downloads/ & run the installer.

If this does not help, make sure that your antivirus software is not blocking either slplugin.exe or llceflib_host.exe from running.
You should also manually whitelist these 2 files for good measure.
slplugin.exe is located inside the viewer install folder located at C:\Program Files (x86)\SecondLifeViewer by default if you are running the 32bit viewer version, . C:\Program Files \SecondLifeViewer by default if you are running the 64bit viewer.
The llceflib_host.exe file is located within the llplugin subfolder.

• 1 year later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1561 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.