Purchase Items in world and don't recieve

alena Dotcheva

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2225 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi Can anyone tell me what i should do, Yesterday i purchased clothes and it said in open chat that they was being delivered, but to my suprise i never got because 1/ maybe due poor internet connection items can be delayed in some way or 2/ transaction failed register or recognise, now once i had this issue i wrote to the owner in IM and i got reply back next day i was asked to check my transaction via the web purchase history and to my suprise there it not showing up either, so what do i have to do in order for me to get these 2 item outfits i purchased and never recieved, i'm either lost out or been robbed by somthing because with no proof of anything or purchase history i lose out in end, any feedback is much and highly appreciated Ty A.K

17 answers to this question

There was when i purchased the item to click on it, and in local chat said delivery was in progress, but i didnt get, after that my laptop ran into problems with the Firestorm viewer and most of much of 20K of my outfits and folders vanished but luckily i fixed that issue myself, however i still should have had that purchase show regardless so its either SL issue or some sort of other error which from my end there is no issues only apart from maybe poor wi fi connections :)

Pam is correct.  It there is no record in purchase history, there was no sale.  Your L$ balance should be the same as it was before you tried to buy the item.  Before you try again, I would advise you to stop using a wifi connection to the Internet. Linden Lab does not recommend or support wifi.  Wireless connections are easily disturbed by electrical interference (nearby power lines, air conditioners, garage door openers, even fluorescent lights), so you will almost certainly lose some transmission quality.  Use a cable or DSL connection instead.

Maybe so, but what about negative lindens lost as when transaction took place upon buying, if no outfit recieved then how does that account for still minus lindens in balance, it should have in some way put lindens back to my balance if that was such a case of no sale or faulty sale in some way of putting it :)

Your website TRANSACTION HISTORY will show all money in and out of your account. If that doesn't add up, you will likely be the first one that has had this problem as we hear LOTS of info here.  If your transaction history doesn't show lindens being taken from your purchase then a support ticket will do no good. The person you bought it from will ALSO HAVE NO RECORD so will not send you a "replacement".

• Like 1

That would be the case yes, so regardless if purchased was made and not recieved items then telling that to a judge with no proof of anything is like arguing with someone till your blue in the face, dont matter anyways i just purchased the fatpack outfit from marketplace, rather then go to store within world thats really got severe lag issues :)

6 hours ago, Rolig Loon said:

But if you spent L$, there MUST be a transaction record, both in your Marketplace Order History and your Transaction History.  If there is no record, then you did not spend L$.

if i didnt spend lindens to buy 2 outfits and end up gaining nothing and having no lindens back in transaction whether there is no trace of history of it taking place or not, the matter of it that i did make that purchase and should have gotten them but i didnt, but this post is make people aware now that things like this can happen in second life, or maybe any game as matter of fact. :)

Alena,

If by "things like this can happen in Second Life" you mean that a transaction can fail, then yes, it can.  But if you mean "I tried to buy this thing and the money LEFT MY ACCOUNT and I didn't get the item AND there is no record of the transaction", then you are wrong.  If a transaction takes place, it will ALWAYS show in your $L Transaction History (and if you bought it on the Marketplace, also in My Marketplace/My Order History.)  If your transaction history does not show the purchase, then NO $L WERE TAKEN from your account!

This is why the seller asked you for your transaction history.  If the money was taken out of your account, BUT you didn't get the item, most merchants will happily re-deliver the item, even though they are not required to do so.

• Like 2

On 2/6/2018 at 3:38 AM, alena Dotcheva said:

if i didnt spend lindens to buy 2 outfits and end up gaining nothing and having no lindens back in transaction whether there is no trace of history of it taking place or not, the matter of it that i did make that purchase and should have gotten them but i didnt, but this post is make people aware now that things like this can happen in second life, or maybe any game as matter of fact. :)

Try going to your bank and telling them they deducted $100 from your checking account even tho it does not show up on your checking account record. Tell them how you just KNOW in your heart the money left your account.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2225 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.