A popular event that only lasts 2 weeks, in-world only, with a parcel limit of 40

Suki Hirano

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2265 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

57 minutes ago, Qie Niangao said:

Delay while trying on demos does add to the avatar count, for sure, but under the worst conditions anybody who goes home can't reliably get back into the sim to buy.

This is why I love premium "reserved parking" perk.

Event group chat is filled with people trying to TP Hammer in for hours with no luck.  I pop in first try, grab demos, go home, go back to buy and grab more demos ... all while those hammers do nothing.

/me cackles with glee like wicked witch eating the hero's heart.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

This is why I love premium "reserved parking" perk.

Event group chat is filled with people trying to TP Hammer in for hours with no luck.  I pop in first try, grab demos, go home, go back to buy and grab more demos ... all while those hammers do nothing.

/me cackles with glee like wicked witch eating the hero's heart.

6851B0B3-339D-41E4-BED7-D1FA2B26BD9F.jpeg

would it make sense to put a timer on how long someone can be in an event? like 90 mins or something with a warning that pops up that says you have 5 mins left to complete transactions etc... is this even possible?

I'm just thinking I go to these events and see ppl standing around in the same spot when i visit the even again hours later. I am guessing they auto teleported in and are standing around until they come back to their computer some time later. It takes up a spot for someone that actually wants to shop and spend money with the merchants.. just a thought... might be way off with this one (wouldn't be the first time.. or the last) 

My idea wouldn't apply to premium members, so there is another perk for premium (which I am not one, lol) 

Edited by Heathernorton

6 hours ago, Heathernorton said:

would it make sense to put a timer on how long someone can be in an event? like 90 mins or something with a warning that pops up that says you have 5 mins left to complete transactions etc... is this even possible?

Sure. It's exactly how a security orb works, except their time is usually set to seconds rather than minutes.

It would also be possible to kick out afk avatars with no time limit for the people who are actually there. I was once asked to make such a script for a club but never had time to do it. Not sure if others have done it but it's not too hard.

Whether it's a good idea is another question and it's up to the event organizers to decide.

Edited by ChinRey

Instead of teleporting to a physical location, I hope more events go the way of Pocketgacha. No lines, play from anywhere and less overhead for the event organizers. The only issue would be for vendors with structures or furniture. Unless they provide some type of timed demo, there would have to be a physical location for people to preview those items. I assume that could be handled by the vendor or perhaps the even organizer could arrange it. There are a couple of ways I could see that being handled.

standing around at the same spot

6 hours ago, Heathernorton said:

I'm just thinking I go to these events and see ppl standing around in the same spot when i visit the even again hours later.

it's the same ppl standing in the same spot several hours later and often it's right at the landing spot. it would eliminate that part anyway. I cam shop too, but not on the landing spot, thats just rude when ppl do that. Move a few feet please. personally i find a wall or a display to stand against so that I'm not in the way of traffic

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Heathernorton said:

it's the same ppl standing in the same spot several hours later and often it's right at the landing spot. it would eliminate that part anyway.

true... it's would be a good idea to create a script that ejects people after... let's say 30 minutes ... if you didn't see the things you like by than you'll not have seen them in 24 hours either      ( because you can see the items mostly upfront at the events website too)

... for the social talks you have other hangouts 

7 hours ago, ChinRey said:

It would also be possible to kick out afk avatars with no time limit for the people who are actually there.

it's been long time ago i seen these... you had often to click on a object or pop up within a few seconds to prevent being tp'd to your home.

Also often used in the past at the camping chairs.

3 hours ago, Pamela Galli said:

She has already stated that waiting is for losers. xD

And that sums up the dilemma in this of course. Opening up the events for more people wouldn't only benefit the people who deserve to be in with the in crowd, it would also allow all those losers to sneak in and then it would all be pointless. Time for a Peter Gabriel quote for a change:

"How can we be in if there is no outside?"

Edited by ChinRey
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, ChinRey said:

"How can we be in if there is no outside?"

Can I be inside the outside?

On a not really related note...one of my kids used to think any lights she saw in the sky, or anywhere above her (including street lights) were "aliums from inside outside space, sheckin on us".  For a two year old, she had a brilliant lil mind :D (and still does, years past two)

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2265 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.