22 hours ago, Blush Bravin said:
22 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

It has been bad enough simply talking about my love of VR, starting when someone said anyone who likes VR must have brain damage.

Please don't let anyone's inability to embrace change hamper your enthusiasm. I applaud you! And please share your experience, if not with everyone, then with me. Remember I'm Debi Baskerville in Sansar, so look me up!

Thanks Blush, that's very sweet of you :)

Yes I vow not to let anything damper my enthusiasm, and I will look you up over in Sansar!  I love sims that create stories, and created a lot of those in SL back in the day. Will be fun to check out what you're doing.

On 2/5/2018 at 12:09 AM, Blush Bravin said:

Now, I'd like to ask you. What is it that you do in SL, other than adult rated activities, that you find so engaging that you can't do in Sansar? What are you really wanting to see in Sansar? As a creator, I want to make things people want to use or enjoy. So give us some ideas.

Hugs, Cuddles, Kisses, Dances, Attractive Avatars, Stylish Clothes, Good Animations, Neko ears and Tails, AO don't count as adult rated do they? But for my enjoyment they are critical. Especially ears and tail.

But, for me the biggest would be vehicles, such as boats, planes, helicopters, cars and the ability to race them against other people, or just fly/sail/drive around and look at people's homes. It would be awesome if you can make these and a decent sized landmass to use them in. (as a guide Blake Sea is a several hundred square kilometers of land and adjoins three continents). Not sure the limitations on land mass in Sansar can allow anything meaningful.

Outside that it would be more what I created, certainly I would replicate my beach there so people could surf. Surfboards are again a vehicle, but there is interaction in the form of tricks, so one can surf up the wave and flip, or spin, or roll. Even push the board underwater to avoid the oncoming wave. So, surfable waves and surfboards are needed.

I guess my rental business is out of the question. People can't actually do H&G in a community as creation is 100% single-player, and offline.

Hmm, what else...

I love doing one-off monthly events in my club, easily spending 50 to 100 hours making custom mesh plus decoration for them. I would likely decorate "an experience" myself, but we certainly need a lot of dance animations, so friends can gather together, talk, sit and dance together. I guess 50 avatars can sharing the space?

Contest board to reward people's efforts in the monthly theme (my next one will be Fae, so we will need wings for that), and donation boards to help cover costs. DJ will need a tip jar. Dances will need to be single and couple based.

As a creator, I want to make things people want to use or enjoy. So give us some ideas.

Can easily give more if the few above are not enough.

Edited by Callum Meriman
  • Like 1

Haunted houses, funhouses, automatic self-guided tours of environments, in-world shopping malls, furry clubs, psychedelic displays, fireworks, kinetic sculpture, rezzable changing environments (i.e. Horizons or Paradise Blanket). Dances/couples dances/triggers animation. Plus what Callum said.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Haunted houses, funhouses, automatic self-guided tours of environments, in-world shopping malls, furry clubs, psychedelic displays, fireworks, kinetic sculpture, rezzable changing environments (i.e. Horizons or Paradise Blanket). Dances/couples dances/triggers animation. Plus what Callum said.

Right.
And to make it short, Blush... We would like Sansar to be very similar to SL.

Maybe we are all wrong and Sansar is going to be SL 2.0 one day, way better than everything we can imagine now.
But the problem is, you dont release a product, which ist 90% undone and unfinished...

I think everyone was fine, when the first bicycle was invented, even if there was no gears to shift, no lights and maybe not even brakes. But it took you from A to B quite fast.
No one would have been interessted, if they just would have shown the bicycle frame to the public.

Essential things just have to work.

• Like 2

The impression that I've gained from this thread is that, because some "essential things" haven't yet been incorporated, Sansar is still a long way from being ready for the general public, which I assume is why we're not seeing much in the way of, 'Come and enjoy this terrific experience".

44 minutes ago, Resi Pfeffer said:

We would like Sansar to be very similar to SL.

I would too. Well, not Sansar as a whole, but some large experiences. I would hope that some radically different large experiences would emerge too, to capture my enjoyment.

I'm not overkeen on the idea of small experiences. I'd prefer to become somewhat immersed in something much bigger, rather than go to a small one, do it, go to another small one, do it, and so on. At the moment, though, small experiences are free to acquire, while people create in them. I assume that's so that LL can get useful hands-on feedback. I hope that, when it's ready for prime time, very large experiences will be developed, with the owners paying for them, of course, and those are the ones that may attract permanent users. Some may even look like SL2.

Edited by Phil Deakins
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Callum Meriman said:

Hugs, Cuddles, Kisses, Dances, Attractive Avatars, Stylish Clothes, Good Animations, Neko ears and Tails, AO don't count as adult rated do they? But for my enjoyment they are critical. Especially ears and tail.

We are all waiting for these too! I'm afraid while they are coming it's not going to happen quickly. I know Linden Lab has shifted their emphasis from creator tools to creating those things vital for socialization. Animations are one of those things. So they are on it .. going to have to have patience though.

But, for me the biggest would be vehicles, such as boats, planes, helicopters, cars and the ability to race them against other people, or just fly/sail/drive around and look at people's homes. It would be awesome if you can make these and a decent sized landmass to use them in. (as a guide Blake Sea is a several hundred square kilometers of land and adjoins three continents). Not sure the limitations on land mass in Sansar can allow anything meaningful.

One experience is 4000m x 4000m x 4000m... that's pretty dang large. I've tried to run across one of my experiences and it's just too dang big to do so without spending hours. And if that wasn't large enough .. you could always connect to another experience with a teleport that would extend the area. Also remember, that there are no sim crossings to deal with in that area. Blake Sea is huge and enjoyable until you hit a sim crossing the wrong way and are plunged to the bottom of Blake Sea.

Outside that it would be more what I created, certainly I would replicate my beach there so people could surf. Surfboards are again a vehicle, but there is interaction in the form of tricks, so one can surf up the wave and flip, or spin, or roll. Even push the board underwater to avoid the oncoming wave. So, surfable waves and surfboards are needed.

Many of us are waiting for the physics to be refined so we can build these types of thing. I love surfing in SL .. so that's something I want to see as well.

I guess my rental business is out of the question. People can't actually do H&G in a community as creation is 100% single-player, and offline.

The plan is to have cooperative editing of experiences. How that's going to work, I'm not sure. But once those permissions are in place, I can foresee the possibility of building out a community in an experience and being able to rent out small areas.

Hmm, what else...

I love doing one-off monthly events in my club, easily spending 50 to 100 hours making custom mesh plus decoration for them. I would likely decorate "an experience" myself, but we certainly need a lot of dance animations, so friends can gather together, talk, sit and dance together. I guess 50 avatars can sharing the space?

Contest board to reward people's efforts in the monthly theme (my next one will be Fae, so we will need wings for that), and donation boards to help cover costs. DJ will need a tip jar. Dances will need to be single and couple based.

Can easily give more if the few above are not enough.

It sounds like you just want more of SL to me. And that's okay. I want more than SL though.

Edited by Blush Bravin

8 hours ago, Resi Pfeffer said:

Right.
And to make it short, Blush... We would like Sansar to be very similar to SL.

Perhaps the problem is that you are wanting Sansar to be just an improved SL. Sansar is not intended to be an SL2. 

Maybe we are all wrong and Sansar is going to be SL 2.0 one day, way better than everything we can imagine now.
But the problem is, you dont release a product, which ist 90% undone and unfinished...

Sansar has not been released. It's only in the creator beta stage. That's not even full beta. It's somewhere between Alpha and Beta. So there is much yet to be done.

I think everyone was fine, when the first bicycle was invented, even if there was no gears to shift, no lights and maybe not even brakes. But it took you from A to B quite fast.
No one would have been interessted, if they just would have shown the bicycle frame to the public.

The first draft of a bicycle was made in Germany back in 1817; however there were attempts at creating a bicycle all the way back to 1418. Bicycles did not become readily available or in widespread use until the 1890s. So, apparently many were interested in it enough to keep working at it for many decades. I guess I'm one of those who won't give up on a project. Who can catch the vision and want to see that vision come to fruition. By the way, I am a retired art and history teacher. Perhaps that gives me an edge in being able to see the past and apply it to today and beyond.

Essential things just have to work.

Things will work. Be during development things are being worked on. We are still very much in development in Sansar.

I do appreciate the feedback and hope you all will come to enjoy all the work that is being put into Sansar by Linden Labs and those of us who are working hard in the beta.

Edited by Blush Bravin

46 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

It sounds like you just want more of SL to me. And that's okay. I want more than SL though.

Yet, Sansar is much, much less than SL.

That is a matter of opinion. Depends on what you like to do. Personally I prefer Sansar over SL for many reasons. 

Edited by Blush Bravin

35 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

The first draft of a bicycle was made in Germany back in 1817; however there were attempts at creating a bicycle all the way back to 1418. Bicycles did not become readily available or in widespread use until the 1890s.

OK, so by a logical extention we may need to wait almost 400 years for Sansar to catch up to SL. That’s what you meant, right?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

OK, so by a logical extention we may need to wait almost 400 years for Sansar to catch up to SL. That’s what you meant, right?

Deleting my comment. I hate feeding trolls.

Edited by Blush Bravin
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

Deleting my comment. I hate feeding trolls

lol awww...you should not have deleted it...I was going to say it's 'kitty logic' :)

I can't remember exactly when it happened...but the longer I was in SL the less I socialized in the normal sense... (playing around with people in-world and going to social activities).

Building became a passion, and pretty soon I was just chatting from time to time from my building platform to other builders on their platforms. And then when so much of content required out-of-world building the conversations changed to emails.

But....despite my preferences, Love, I respect your preferences too.........and I do believe they will eventually become a part of Sansar :)

• Thanks 1

Just like the world was made by all of us in SL, it will need to be created by the people in Sansar. So I don't get why people are shocked it's not there. I guess they expect LL should have just handed us everything?  Then we'd just b*tch about how LL controls too much...lol.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

I can't remember exactly when it happened...but the longer I was in SL the less I socialized in the normal sense... (playing around with people in-world and going to social activities).

Building became a passion, and pretty soon I was just chatting from time to time from my building platform to other builders on their platforms. And then when so much of content required out-of-world building the conversations changed to emails.

But....despite my preferences, Love, I respect your preferences too.........and I do believe they will eventually become a part of Sansar :)

About all I do is script in-world. And in SL, scripts will “do stuff”. Win!

About all I do is script in-world. And in SL, scripts will “do stuff”. Win!

Ahh you are a scripter. Yeah I don't know about this C+ programming in Sansar, but I imagine it's not easy to learn. Plus I've heard some say there's not enough to work with from LL's end. But if they're focusing more on what's needed to socialize now then looks like it's coming.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Luna Bliss said:

Ahh you are a scripter. Yeah I don't know about this C+ programming in Sansar, but I imagine it's not easy to learn. Plus I've heard some say there's not enough to work with from LL's end. But if they're focusing more on what's needed to socialize now then looks like it's coming.

Yup C#

" It sounds like you just want more of SL to me. And that's okay. I want more than SL though."

I'm going to steal that line from you, Blush :)  For me, once I saw what VR could do everything changed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

Just like the world was made by all of us in SL, it will need to be created by the people in Sansar. So I don't get why people are shocked it's not there. I guess they expect LL should have just handed us everything?  Then we'd just b*tch about how LL controls too much...lol.

I was ranting about features, not “stuff”! Want features, so can have stuffs with features!

2 hours ago, Blush Bravin said:

That is a matter of opinion. Depends on what you like to do. Personally I prefer Sansar over SL for many reasons. 

Thank you for letting us have an opinion also.

We had many people who thought that Sansar was SL 2.0. Now we have people who want to push LL into turning Sansar into SL 2.0. Funny.

Why would LL pollute their product line like that? It could kill both SL and Sansar. Also, if Sansar was made sufficiently similar to SL to be acceptable (on the fly build by anyone, for one thing) then it would be hard to get enough performance to keep the goggle wearers from heaving. Let Sansar be what it's meant to be.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Parhelion Palou said:

We had many people who thought that Sansar was SL 2.0. Now we have people who want to push LL into turning Sansar into SL 2.0. Funny.

Why would LL pollute their product line like that? It could kill both SL and Sansar. Also, if Sansar was made sufficiently similar to SL to be acceptable (on the fly build by anyone, for one thing) then it would be hard to get enough performance to keep the goggle wearers from heaving. Let Sansar be what it's meant to be.

Nothing says they can’t converge, add successful features from both. Don’t you think they are building Sansar with lessons learned from SL? Why wouldn’t it go both ways?

Nothing says they can’t converge, add successful features from both. Don’t you think they are building Sansar with lessons learned from SL? Why wouldn’t it go both ways?

Sansar is new from the ground up. There's not much in SL that applies to Sansar, and not much in Sansar that applies to SL. Sansar is designed for use with VR goggles, specifically the Vive and Rift. Anything that interferes with that will not exist in Sansar. Check the New World Notes blog from yesterday to see the full explanation of why there's no Mac client for Sansar. The quick answer is because Macs don't support the Vive or Rift.

LL wants to make money from people and companies who will use Sansar as the basis for their VR experiences. LL wants to keep SL because it's profitable and filled with people who like to do the things SL allows them to do. Merging the two would destroy the VR goggle side (low frame rates because building in-world means you can't pre-load the content, you can't control what people build, and there are pretty good odds people would build things designed to make goggle wearers sick). Keeping the goggle wearers happy would mean destroying the essence of SL, which is the freedom to build anything you want, when you want, with as many people as you want.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1