RasRootsman

Region Objects from neighbor

Question

We have a new neighbor sinds 2 week, sinds then, I can see all there inventory in my Region Objects! From all my other neighbors I don't see anything, only the new neighbors! My questions is, can I do something about it (I can't delete the items) or what's the reason that I can see there inventory in my Region Objects?

12 answers to this question

Estate owners & estate managers will see all objects on the region in the Region Objects list.
Others will only see their own objects on the region, plus any objects owned by others they have the right to return or move.
I suspect your neighbours objects you see in the list have "Anyone can move" ticked, which is just asking for griefer to have some fun.

Edited by Whirly Fizzle
typo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello Pamela, when I select the objects from the neighbors, all the "action" buttons are grey, the only thing that I can do is teleport to it! The objects are all "Movable obstacle (restricted)"

.. region objects... seeing objects listed in that doesn't mean they'r on your land.

Info windows like  the "about land" shows whats actually there, and counting at the parcel LI.

Normal parcel encroachment can be returned as Pam already said

Just guessing what OP sees is a list of objects in a certain range around him. And of course isn't able to return it while not being on/over his parcel.

Ras,

1. Be sure you are on your land.
  2. Go to World/Parcel Details.  The About Land window will open.
  3. Click the Objects tab
  4. At the bottom of the window, click the circular "refresh" button to see all the objects on your land, sorted by their owner.
  5. If you see your neighbor's name there, highlight that row
  6. Click Return, and click the confirmation window to return their objects.

If the objects are actually on your neighbor's land, there is very little that you can do about them. Your choices are either to erect a screen between your land and his (transparent on his side) or to derender his objects so that you don't see them (but of course anyone else will be able to see them).

Hello Ras, are you talking about the Region Objects dialog under the Build -> Pathfinding Menu?  

sI1ERf.jpg

If that's the case, I don't think there is anything to worry about. I think it is normal to be able to see all the objects on the region with this window. This is entirely separate to the Objects tab in the "About Land" window. The purpose of this window is to describe and set the properties of the objects in the region with regard to Pathfinding. It allows them to be set up as Static or Moveable Obstacles, Walkable and some other types, which allow creatures such as your dogs to navigate around them (obstacles) or walk over them (walkable). If I recall correctly, you cannot actually change the settings for objects that you do not own or have mod rights for. 

Where it says "moveable obstacle", it doesn't (necessarily) mean that the objects can be moved around by anyone. Although what Whirly says is absolutely right, if your neighbour was routinely setting the "Anyone Can Move" checkbox, in the Edit window, it would be asking for trouble. But, I had a quick look on his land and I don't think that's the case here. In this case "moveable obstacle" means that the objects can be moved around (by their owners) without affecting the pathfinding navmesh. I think a discussion of the navmesh might be a little beyond the scope of this reply.  However, if you do want to learn more about it, we have classes about pathfinding in the dog park twice a week. You can pick up the class times from the information kiosk.

• Like 2

This could be a 'rentals' land group problem, that is two or more parcels set to the SAME land group (the rentals company), in which case, you might well see objects other than your own on the 'about land - objects' list, but unless you are an admin in the land group, you can only return your own objects.

Or plan B, it's the pathfinding settings, in which case see Sandy's post.

Hard to say without more details about which screen the OP is looking at and... If their land is 'owned' or 'rented' mainland.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks to you all for the reply’s ??. I thing I got enought info about Region Objects and to deal with it!

Thanks Sandry to checkit up for me ?

Edited by RasRootsman
  • Like 2