You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1783 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

These are my most recent edits on my flickr. I'm sort of new to photography and editing, and use CSP for a majority of my work. I'm trying very hard to work on poses, adding filters, and doing paint-overs. I feel like every post is some small improvement, however! Any feedback is welcome :)

pingus2_1.thumb.png.6d6ce2e816883f8518f0c59ecc147c26.pngpingus.thumb.png.d5e6c24cf9fa800be7be25b07be9adce.png

• Like 8

23 hours ago, KirinGale said:

These are my most recent edits on my flickr. I'm sort of new to photography and editing, and use CSP for a majority of my work. I'm trying very hard to work on poses, adding filters, and doing paint-overs. I feel like every post is some small improvement, however! Any feedback is welcome :)

pingus2_1.thumb.png.6d6ce2e816883f8518f0c59ecc147c26.pngpingus.thumb.png.d5e6c24cf9fa800be7be25b07be9adce.png

Kirin, these are FABULOUS pics!

You should give some thought to posting in the "How does your avatar look today ?" thread in the "Your Avatar" forum: it's a much more active thread, and we actually have more in-depth discussions about photography and technique there than you generally see here. I'd love to hear more about how your produced these!

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Kirin, these are FABULOUS pics!

You should give some thought to posting in the "How does your avatar look today ?" thread in the "Your Avatar" forum: it's a much more active thread, and we actually have more in-depth discussions about photography and technique there than you generally see here. I'd love to hear more about how your produced these!

I just posted at your recommendation, tysm for the suggestion! So, let's see, as far as technique goes: 

• First I try to find interesting locations or I set a plain backdrop at my house and then frankenstein one in later.
  • I take several shots under different windlights for purposes of texture, color, and shading. Then when in CSP I use different masking options to enhance a base photo; usually one with heavy shadow, or in Nam's.
  • I separate the subject from the BG, and then use a light, guassian blur over different areas to achieve focus and depth.
  • Basic smudging, blending, clone tool, multiply, and color/glow dodge layers to render lighting and fix errors/clipping.
  • Fun effect brushes for detail in the BG, or to add lense flare.

I have seen other techniques; like setting up props, or combining different aspects of multiple photos to make one image -- but they're a bit above my skill level atm.

Edited by KirinGale
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, KirinGale said:

I just posted at your recommendation, tysm for the suggestion! So, let's see, as far as technique goes: 

• First I try to find interesting locations or I set a plain backdrop at my house and then frankenstein one in later.
  • I take several shots under different windlights for purposes of texture, color, and shading. Then when in CSP I use different masking options to enhance a base photo; usually one with heavy shadow, or in Nam's.
  • I separate the subject from the BG, and then use a light, guassian blur over different areas to achieve focus and depth.
  • Basic smudging, blending, clone tool, multiply, and color/glow dodge layers to render lighting and fix errors/clipping.
  • Fun effect brushes for detail in the BG, or to add lense flare.

I have seen other techniques; like setting up props, or combining different aspects of multiple photos to make one image -- but they're a bit above my skill level atm.

Whatever you're doing, it's working very well!

Can I ask which viewer you're using?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1783 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.