Tourist groups

iamyourneighbour

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2237 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I was just thinking, does anyone want to form a in world tourist group where people just go around checking out interesting places in safari dress in gigantic groups, where it's allowed I can rez a 40 seater tour bus so we can crash the gate

There are interesting places like the six sim Caiman (linden estate) that spans over 360,000+ sqm in size that's rarely visited, majority of the sims out there now are pimps and hoes ghetto, they were fun to visit first then it kinda turns into same theme different layout.

If anyone else wants to join the group let me know I will set it up

Edited by iamyourneighbour
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Sent a group invite to everyone posted. Let me know if you didn't get it.

Planning to establish a clubhouse near my sim ! First destination release can be found in the group notices, please let me know what ideas you have in terms of archiving the destination picks, normally I will aim to have one ready every two weeks.

For people who are just going past this thread and want to check out the sims (Which I refer to as Caiman Islands as a joke) http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Piranha/187/99/23

Edited by iamyourneighbour
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 people at once?
You may have to contact the sim you intend to visit first. Bringing in that many people will take away from the amount of people the sim can hold. 

Also, if taking photos (which it sound like may happen), you need to be sure the sim allows photography and, potentially, machinima if anyone intends to do that. Not all sim owners want their places shown in photos.

Many years ago, a large group of us dressed up as chickens and one from sim to sim in a similar manner. It was considered griefing to some of the owners and we actually got banned from one.

Better to double check all possibilities first.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, Elora Lunasea said:

Also, if taking photos (which it sound like may happen), you need to be sure the sim allows photography and, potentially, machinima if anyone intends to do that. Not all sim owners want their places shown in photos.

According to the photo and machinima official  policy photography is granted anywhere as long as NOT PROHIBITED in the land info tab of the sim.  But yes, for machinima, unless stated in that same tab you need owners OK (in writing would be good ^^).

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Snapshot_and_machinima_policy

As event typically go, even with a lot of folks in the group it will be likely that only a dozen or so will come to each event -- at least that has been my experience on several grids :D so worrying about filling the sim is likely not an issue. IF so many folks showed up, you could easily divide in half with one going to one location and another to an alternate. 

On 05/02/2018 at 2:16 AM, Chic Aeon said:

According to the photo and machinima official  policy photography is granted anywhere as long as NOT PROHIBITED in the land info tab of the sim.  But yes, for machinima, unless stated in that same tab you need owners OK (in writing would be good ^^).

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Snapshot_and_machinima_policy

As event typically go, even with a lot of folks in the group it will be likely that only a dozen or so will come to each event -- at least that has been my experience on several grids :D so worrying about filling the sim is likely not an issue. IF so many folks showed up, you could easily divide in half with one going to one location and another to an alternate. 

Suppose those bowtie camera and big nose disguise would come handy then ?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2237 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.