smol, Tall, or Swole?

Love Zhaoying

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2261 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

As a Neko-or-feral, I’m cognizant of relative sizing for avatars. Do you like your avatar:

”smol” - twee word for “small” (or even tiny)

”Tall” - normal sized, whatever that means to you

”Swole” - bodybuilder slang for “built”, “muscled”, etc. (muscles look swollen, disproportionately - or maybe your b**bs or b*tt)

*Please do also use funny words in your reply, and/or make fun of me for doing so.

I suppose 'normal sized' according to the SL standard of 'if you aren't at least 2.20 you can't dance with anyone in high heels because you're going to look like a dwarf - which means you probably won't be danced with or have your dance partner ask you to -please- size your avatar up a little bit as to not embarrass them'. 

Not that I dance with a lot of people, but it does happen.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Orwar said:

I suppose 'normal sized' according to the SL standard of 'if you aren't at least 2.20 you can't dance with anyone in high heels because you're going to look like a dwarf - which means you probably won't be danced with or have your dance partner ask you to -please- size your avatar up a little bit as to not embarrass them'. 

Not that I dance with a lot of people, but it does happen.

Does your height affect when you dance the “Horizontal Bop”?

11 minutes ago, Bree Giffen said:

Tall is normal sized? I guess I'm tall then! Even at 6 feet tall most avatars are taller than me though. Don't see many swole avatars except for a werewolf or two at the welcome areas.

Then you’re more smol then the normals but can say you’re “tall” or “smol” if you want!

Edited by Love Zhaoying

36 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Does your height affect when you dance the “Horizontal Bop”?

Of course it does. A pose or animation is created with a certain shape as the norm. What norm that is depends on the creator.

Only in SL: That awkward moment when I was trying to hug my girl, but drove my arm through her gut and nibbled on her nose. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Orwar said:

Of course it does. A pose or animation is created with a certain shape as the norm. What norm that is depends on the creator.

Only in SL: That awkward moment when I was trying to hug my girl, but drove my arm through her gut and nibbled on her nose. 

Good “beds” let you adjust for size!

• Like 1

I am not sure what is normal in SL? I am considered "short" by many, and my avatar, though not a furry, is about 5 feet 8 inches or so.. rarely do I go above 6 feet. I find that I can get the proportions I like and curves I like by keeping my avi below 6 feet. Most of my guy friends are well above that.. though some have started to see the benefit of not being 7 fee tall lolol! But ya know, its all about what people like.. so.. I'm not one to judge. I just like seeing things proportionate. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Tess Falworth said:

I am not sure what is normal in SL? I am considered "short" by many, and my avatar, though not a furry, is about 5 feet 8 inches or so.. rarely do I go above 6 feet. I find that I can get the proportions I like and curves I like by keeping my avi below 6 feet. Most of my guy friends are well above that.. though some have started to see the benefit of not being 7 fee tall lolol! But ya know, its all about what people like.. so.. I'm not one to judge. I just like seeing things proportionate. 

Awe, shorter sounds Kyoot!! Any trouble finding stuff that fits?

8 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Awe, shorter sounds Kyoot!! Any trouble finding stuff that fits?

not at all actually! Again, I think it all centers around proportions too.. mesh bodies/clothing will pretty much adjust just like real clothes do :) And I am by no means tiny.. just a bit "below average" I think :)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tess Falworth said:

not at all actually! Again, I think it all centers around proportions too.. mesh bodies/clothing will pretty much adjust just like real clothes do :) And I am by no means tiny.. just a bit "below average" I think :)

So, here is a full body shot of what my avi looks like on most regular, casual days. I change up alot.. sometimes its all fantasy and sometimes its jeans and a tee.. this is the only full body shot I have haha! So yea, I wish I had it so you could compare to something to see the height but I am about 5 foot 7 in this :)  5a7362f171cd4_Gazeposemontage.thumb.png.d3e0ed56e9ca9c7e3339413795b533eb.png

• Like 3

I am just right for me.  I'm not often around a lot of people, so I don't know how I compare to the others out and about, though when I was out getting advent gifts, there were some places where I felt short and frumpy.  I'm around 1.9 m bare feet or in flats, which is the shoe height I normally wear, so I guess that puts me a bit over 6 ft.  However, I feel comfortable at this height in my house and with the furnishings - so, just right for me!  

• Like 5

1 minute ago, moirakathleen said:

I am just right for me.  I'm not often around a lot of people, so I don't know how I compare to the others out and about, though when I was out getting advent gifts, there were some places where I felt short and frumpy.  I'm around 1.9 m bare feet or in flats, which is the shoe height I normally wear, so I guess that puts me a bit over 6 ft.  However, I feel comfortable at this height in my house and with the furnishings - so, just right for me!  

You go grrl! ?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, moirakathleen said:

I have the same height as you but somehow I still feel shorter around other people. And it's true, when I am dancing with other people sometimes it's like I am floating in the air. I don't like seeing long legs, and since I am small in rl, I always went for a small avi in sl.

• Like 4

Scrawl (scrawny and small)

Well, more androgynous, which is often frustrating thanks to the "you must have huge biceps" rule the Body Makers Association of SL enforce on their members.

Almost always I stick to my normal size in RL and scale my world down to suit: 1,78M (or 5'9" in American measurement) Which isn't so bad next to a 2,20M person, but pretty shocking next to 3,0M

Snapshot_003.thumb.png.5b12b5075cf19b59ecf45224cd1c8e15.png

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2261 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.