Is this abuse?

Tech Robonaught

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2271 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

7 answers to this question

9 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

It looks like a lot to lose in a transaction, but it's impossible to tell whether there's something wrong without knowing all the details.  

Actually, if you figure $696 minus 3.5% for the "selling L$" fee and then 2.5% for the "process credit" fee, ending up with $652 being transferred into PayPal is about right.

• Like 2

Abuse?  No. That would be stretching the definition of the word. It looks like a lot to lose in a transaction, but it's impossible to tell whether there's something wrong without knowing all the details.  That's a pretty normal amount to lose in international exchange fees if PayPal is transferring from USD to your local currency, for example. I'd suggest looking at all the details in your PayPal account and then talking it over with them.

11 minutes ago, Tech Robonaught said:

Is it Abuse to sell $696.00 worth of Linden to LL and net $652 after its gone to paypal?

Abuse?  Are you kidding?  That's a pretty extreme term for it.  I'd simply call it 'high fees' and the cost of doing business.  Save 'abuse' for things that it really applies to.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Actually, if you figure $696 minus 3.5% for the "selling L$" fee and then 2.5% for the "process credit" fee, ending up with $652 being transferred into PayPal is about right.

There you go.  My brain wasn't up to doing the math before my morning shower, but it does look right.

On 2/1/2018 at 9:35 AM, Rolig Loon said:

Abuse?  No. That would be stretching the definition of the word. It looks like a lot to lose in a transaction, but it's impossible to tell whether there's something wrong without knowing all the details.  That's a pretty normal amount to lose in international exchange fees if PayPal is transferring from USD to your local currency, for example. I'd suggest looking at all the details in your PayPal account and then talking it over with them.

No currency transfer fee, I live in the US.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2271 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.