False advertising on marketplace. Need help

Isaac Taur

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2269 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

So, on 01/31/2018 i bought an item on marketplace. The name was 1.::GB::Cyber Ninja set RARE (Signature) Flavio and the descripton said that was the complete set. I contact the owner of the store and asked him if it was really the complete set and he said yes. I bought and i receive a different thing. I pay 300ls and received another thing. I tried to IM the OWNER of the store, but he does not reply me and he just shut down the ad (it was on until now). What should I do? I want my money back, but if it depends on the store owner, I will not get anything. I need help. 

Order: #1466545301

Price: 300L$

Edited by Isaac Taur

4 answers to this question

I'm afraid we have to ask you to edit your post and remove the name of the seller and the links. We are not allowed to post that here.

Scams are unfortunately very common on the Marketplace and there are s many merchants and listings there, it's impossible for Linden Lab or anybody else to control it all. The only thing you can do, is sile a suport ticket and hope Linden Lab will help. There is not much chance they will but it's worth trying.

If there is any comofort, 300 Lindens is only a little bit more than one dollar in real life money.

8 minutes ago, ChinRey said:

I'm afraid we have to ask you to edit your post and remove the name of the seller and the links. We are not allowed to post that here.

Scams are unfortunately very common on the Marketplace and there are s many merchants and listings there, it's impossible for Linden Lab or anybody else to control it all. The only thing you can do, is sile a suport ticket and hope Linden Lab will help. There is not much chance they will but it's worth trying.

If there is any comofort, 300 Lindens is only a little bit more than one dollar in real life money.

The problem is not the money itself. The thing is that he probably will get away with that and do it again with another person and nobody will do nothing. I can not report him or something like thar? I don't care if i don't receive my money, but I want him to pay in some way, idk.

I edit the post.

6 minutes ago, Nalytha said:

It’s a $2 lesson learned. Sorry this happened to you.

Yeah. Ty

• Like 1

Lots of people re-sell extra gacha prizes, both in world and on the Marketplace.  These items are limited quantity, (often only one) and are no-copy.  This is why the ad you saw was taken down after you purchased the item...the seller had no more of that item to sell.

Many of these sellers are legitimate, but some are not.  Even the legitimate sellers have problems keeping their inventory and their ads current; the Marketplace allows for selling limited-quantity products, but it's not really well suited for that purpose.  That's why I never buy gacha prizes on the Marketplace.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Isaac Taur said:

The problem is not the money itself. The thing is that he probably will get away with that and do it again with another person and nobody will do nothing. I can not report him or something like thar? I don't care if i don't receive my money, but I want him to pay in some way, idk.

You can try submitting a Support ticket, but LL would probably only do anything if there were lots of tickets about this seller's items not matching the description.

https://lindenlab.freshdesk.com/support/tickets/new

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2269 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.