Physics Model "remodeled" by uploader - NORMAL?

Chic Aeon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2249 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have never seen this happen before; perhaps it is normal for the uploader to rearrange your model. 

I tried both unanalyzed and analyzed physics, both FS and Linden viewer. I could see when the physics model was shown (very briefly and only once) that the physics model rezzed as I had made it and then morphed into something different. I have no big issue with the physics model it made. Just wondering what is going on. 

These are hexagons and are not touching. I use single hexagons all the time on cylinder shaped objects. But it really didn't like my physics model this time.

Any clues appreciated.

5a72293dca388_lindenviewer.thumb.PNG.003fe0c44ea903a8924673b461f09eae.PNG

5a7229401fcd2_physicsmodelcamerabase.thumb.PNG.35eead7b0456143571411fe0b415c692.PNG

• Like 1

just a quick test :

In the image below all 4 objects are set to Physics Shape Type Prim.

• 1  is using Analyzed physics. OK
  • 2  is using non analyzed physics. Looks exactly like convexhull !
  • 3  In the Uploader, Upload Options tab i scaled it up by 10. and Physics set to not analyzed. OK
  • 4  When number 3 had been rezzed and changed to Physic type Prim i scaled it back down . OK

5a72356ea5128_TestPhysChic.png.b8f432c8da10823a67b96e505a613335.png

I did try scaling up number 2 inworld to be similar size to number 3 but it remained looking like convex hull even after i had taken into inventory and re rezzed it again.

Anyways using non analyzed physics with so many small tris in the Physics mesh the physics cost would be alot higher than it needs to be. Just saying :)

Forgot to add,  Camera looks good.

Oh and another thing  number 2 is showing Physics cost of 5.4 which means it is costing the same as if it is non analyzed.

Physics costs:

• 1  =  1.6
  • 2  =  5.4
  • 3  =  0.5
  • 4  =  6.1

I think my advice would be you don't need a more accurate Physics model than the Convex hull it is showing now. Just set the base of the camera to Physics Shape type ConvexHull. :)

Edited by Aquila Kytori
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

OK. It was just me spending WAY TOO MANY hours on this it seems. And yes, turning to prim will get the shapes back to my shapes but at a high cost which is not needed in this case.  

I guess that when I have done similar things like this before I NEVER LOOKED at the physics model since it wasn't a doorway or a staircase or something like that. And when I did need that physics to happen, it did -- but again at a cost. 

SO SEE HOW HELPFUL THAT VIEWING PHYSICS quick button is. No more having to go into the develop menu :D.

Thanks all and Aquila you don't have to do ALL this work LOL.  A simple "you are being dumb, girl" would suffice. 

Thanks. I like the camera too; just not my kind of project -- only preformed out of need :D.  

AND I am a bit smarter now. Always good. 

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2249 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.