Good desktop, but just 8 fps.

Djarek

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2270 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello all.

A friend of mine has a nvidia 980 and has better fps then me.

My  rig contains of:

Intel cpu i7 2600.

8gb ram

Amd radeon rx 580 8gb

internet speed: 100mb download 100mb upload.

In most cases i dont reach 30 fps. in alot of cases under 10 fps.

empty sims max 45fps

There must be a problem.. but where?

5 answers to this question

My first thought was that your graphics card wasnt being used, but i dont think HD 2000 is even supported anymore.

AMD has that weird thing that enables crossfire to work with IGP's for some reason, make sure thats disabled.

If at all possible disable your IGP in the bios or via any intel graphics control panel you have.

Drop to a baseline configuration, 1080p, medium preset, AA off, you should be seeing 45-60fps. Turn ALM off and you should be seeing a constant 60+

Otherwise theres still a bunch of stuff it could be, make sure to monitor CPU and GPU usage with something like GPU-Z and CPU-Z, make sure theyre being properly utilized, not overheating or whatever.

30 minutes ago, Djarek said:

In most cases i dont reach 30 fps. in alot of cases under 10 fps.

empty sims max 45fps

So, if the sim is not empty, your fps drops, usually under 30 and a lot of times under 10 --- if I read those statements as you meant them.

Thus I ask, what is your draw distance typically set at.  Are those non-empty sims that you refer to filled with lots of people and/or lots of things with tons of textures?  And are you trying to render half the sim or more?

On 2/1/2018 at 5:15 AM, Djarek said:

There must be a problem.. but where?

Normally draw distance. SL is notoriously terribad with blended alpha textures, so the bigger your draw distance the more of those you are likely rendering.

If you are using Firestorm or other TPVs you can type 'dd 128' on the chat line, without quotes of course, and run a better distance for the 980.

Edited by Callum Meriman

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2270 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.