Getting *there are no items in this outfit* and random missing items in my inventory

BlaireAddams

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2231 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I am using Firestorm 64 5.0.11,  I signed on and went to apply a different outfit. When I clicked on the folder it says " there are no items in this outfit "' some outfits are there, some are not and have that message beneath where the clothing items should be.

Also, random items are missing from my inventory and my texture folder is completely empty. I tried logging on and off over 10 times , uninstalling and reinstalling Firestorm, clearing cache, etc.. What happened?:/

Thanks in advance!

5 answers to this question

Clearing the cache is a bit of overkill. But, it can work. I suggest you go through the steps the FS Team recommends: http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/fs_missing_inventory

It is smart to have at least 2 viewers installed, as Chic wrote. To get help from the Lab's support people you MUST use the Linden made SL Viewer. So, it is the default troubleshooting viewer. 

By checking inventory in different viewers you quickly determine if it is a viewer problem, meaning a problem on your side, or a problem on the Linden side. If both viewers show the same problem, it is likely a Linden side problem and the fix is a trouble ticket. If only one viewer shows the problem then that viewer has an issue. You easily and quickly know where to start looking for a fix.

Edited by Nalates Urriah
  • Thanks 1

Clearing cache is usually the fix for this.  However, if that didn't work, try a CLEAN reinstall.  There are some steps you have to take to be sure all of the old installation is removed.  See this link: http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/fs_clean_install

Once you've reinstalled the viewer, log in to an empty, low lag region such as Smith, Pooley, or Heckendorf.  WAIT for your inventory to load.  You can IM your friends, but don't try to wear or rez anything or teleport anywhere until your inventory is fully loaded.  I find that I can speed this up a bit (or maybe just pass the time) by typing letters into the inventory search window.

If you have performed this entire procedure twice with no improvement, then:

1.  Try the standard LL viewer.  If your inventory is present with that viewer, then contact the Firestorm in world help group, they may have further suggestions.

2.  If the inventory is missing in the standard viewer, you should file a support case with LL.  You will need to be a Premium member to get this level of tech support.  If you aren't Premium, consider taking out a one month Premium membership.  It may be a lot cheaper than trying to find and replace all those items!

EDIT:  BEFORE going through all of the above, try this:  Use the little gear icon and choose "New Inventory Window" from its list.  This opens another copy of the window.  Lately, I have had many folders go missing on many occasions, and if I just open a fresh inventory window, they reappear there.

Edited by Lindal Kidd
  • Like 1

There is also a case (my alt had this) when the items are actually there and Firestorm can't see them. So installing the Second Life viewer would be a good step, log on and see if the files are missing in THAT viewer also. If so, then there is a good chance your items are gone. 

This happens all the time and I get friends telling me (this week even) of things gone missing that should not have disappeared (often no copy items). Those of us here for awhile know thing go poof at the database fairy's whim.  Sadly.

BUT if you can see your items in the Linden viewer you CAN get FS seeing them again by copying a file out of the Linden viewer to replace the one in the FS viewer. It is on the page in the FS wiki about inventory loss and getting things back. That's really all I remember. Good luck!  

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2231 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.