Abuse Reporting

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2270 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Does reporting TOS Abuse work? I have tried reporting the owner of these objects in the pic. To the right of the parcel boundary line is resident owned land for sale I am interested in. The parcel is not set for anyone to build. To the left of the line is abandoned land. The objects owner has a 2400m2 parcel. His objects stray 12 meters onto the resident owned land and also stray 20 meters outside his parcel boundary completely surrounding his parcel. My abuse reports do not seem to help. When trying to file a ticket the reply is "file an abuse report" . Appreciate any suggestions. ThanksAbuse_001.thumb.jpg.e1e429c1f5fff05aa3566e46a7ba366d.jpg

1 hour ago, Bedubya Bobair said:

My abuse reports do not seem to help. When trying to file a ticket the reply is "file an abuse report" .

Abuse Reports have to be filed inworld via the viewer, not using the LL ticket system.  Go to the area with the problem and enable all settings to get the view that you are showing in the picture.  Under the Help menu there should be an Abuse Report option and within that there will be a Land / Encroachment category.  Add the object owner, explain the situation in the text field and submit.

yes, I have filed the abuse report in-world, me and several alts to no avail, been a couple weeks.  So I went and tried putting a ticket in and like you said , they replied, "file an abuse report in-world, our team will get on it" . Bah, I am sure I am one of thousands of reports. 

11 hours ago, Bedubya Bobair said:

Does reporting TOS Abuse work?

Yes, I have reported a lot of items that actually infringe on roads and they are dealt with. But I don't spam the lab with meaningless reports, people who spam the lab are likely de-prioritised in the queue of work to do.

Hints to get action: Don't be the polezei, it's not your job to go around reporting things that overlap abandoned land or parcels that are not yours, but if it's an object that interferes with navigation, like a bridge over a road, then report.

Make the ticket polite and include as much information as possible, including details on how the overlapping object is impeding your movement.

Edit: If you buy the land, then you can return the objects. One of the powers land owners get is to return ANY object that overlaps their land.

Edited by Callum Meriman

Heh, looking at that build in world, they have a 3360m2 block of land in the middle of teh structure, and use links to get items outside the little parcel. 

ff92b9ebeaf8b747f3da78e5495371f1.thumb.jpg.b97a1757d168c425cee55f1d69e8b4f5.jpg

derendering a bit to show all the abandoned land, once owned by the same person I imagine, but abandoned in 2013 and left with this build on it, free land, yay.

419860d59585247ed21e6cce97de2365.thumb.jpg.4c44b3a28017ecea9502ae9e758ae17c.jpg

Keeping just the root prim inside their 3300 meter property they are quite blatantly using almost a full sim for freeff2d341aef01d6586d97d7e13bad496a.thumb.jpg.8a39142a50d410671e5107bb75f3e2ba.jpg

Will the lab remove this? Good question, it's an artwork that hides all that ugly granite. Even if the owners are exploiting, the Lab might decide it's ok.

1bf5fda56e2cbaa236d0b82b99e62c2c.thumb.jpg.9e603c2635b38cf4e3f25bbd7868646a.jpg

Of course, if you buy the land OP, you can return half of this object, anything overlapping your newly bought land.

Edited by Callum Meriman

16 hours ago, Bedubya Bobair said:

Does reporting TOS Abuse work? I have tried reporting the owner of these objects in the pic.

For me it's not really clear what your relation is to the shown "issue" .

If it's just reporting because you don't like it, but not related to you or land you own i think your AR will get a very low priority.

23 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

For me it's not really clear what your relation is to the shown "issue" .

If it's just reporting because you don't like it, but not related to you or land you own i think your AR will get a very low priority.

yea it was a bit of a rambling post. I want to buy the land next to it, to the right of the boundary line. An expensive purchase and an expensive future commitment of $195/month tier. I want to see if any of those objects can be removed, especially the blue orb located on the for sale parcel, before I make this commitment. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2270 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.