Jump to content
KammyKat

I need help choosing a head for my child avatar.

Recommended Posts

Hello, I'm new to second life and I've been trying to find a mesh head for the tweenster female body but I really don't know what to choose. I have a mesh head that would go great it's just that the neck of the tweenster body is too short for it and makes it seem like there is a gap between the head and the body. I would also appreciate if the head didn't cost an arm and a leg since it was hard enough to get 1k lindens for the body it's self. Well that's about it, hope somebody can give me a suggestion. 
Thanks a for reading.

tweenster.png

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It almost looks like the neck is turned off on the head. I know my Catwa heads look like that if I turn the neck off on the hud.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The head in the picture doesn't come with a neck at all. That's why it's annoying cause it seems like there's a bit missing. I've tried playing with that shape but it doesn't fix anything. That's why I probably need a different head... preferably something that's not very expensive.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, KammyKat said:

The head in the picture doesn't come with a neck at all. That's why it's annoying cause it seems like there's a bit missing. I've tried playing with that shape but it doesn't fix anything. That's why I probably need a different head... preferably something that's not very expensive.

Maybe the “no neck” version is for linebackers and “fat kids”?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Utilizator's Normie is 500L, LAQ and Catwa have put their last few heads out at promo prices for a few days so may be worth it to keep checking.

I would send some Lindens to a seldom used alt (if I couldn't see it I didn't spend it) each time I got some while I demo'd every head I could find. By the time I found one I liked I had a nice little nest egg to help purchase it.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

KammyKat, if you haven't already, try asking in the "TWEENSTER - Meshmerized" group inworld.  That's usually a responsive group, and I know I've seen mention of mesh heads used on Tweensters in the group chat from time to time. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:D

Head ... cost an am and a leg ...

Come on.  That's funny.  Smile, laugh and open up a little.  Life's hard enough as it is.  I could not imagine trying to go through it without humor to center me.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

:D

Head ... cost an am and a leg ...

Come on.  That's funny.  Smile, laugh and open up a little.  Life's hard enough as it is.  I could not imagine trying to go through it without humor to center me.

Yes.... because it's funny to laugh at people who are in a bad financial situation. I can't stop laughing. Soooo funny... not.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Accidental puns are still punny, and no one's laughing at your financial situation - just at the unintended pun.

The usual advice is "Demo All The Things!" It applies well. I don't know what brand of head you're currently wearing, but you could also ask one their group, if they have one, if there's anything to be done about the neck issue. Clover's advice is sound, too - set a few $L aside at every opportunity, and look for sales and deals whenever possible.

 

 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, KammyKat said:

Yes.... because it's funny to laugh at people who are in a bad financial situation. I can't stop laughing. Soooo funny... not.

The comment was not referring to financial situations or making any judgments.  It was simply the fact that you used the phrase 'an arm and a leg' (i.e. containing body parts) while referring to the cost of another body part.  

 

When dealing with forums, don't automatically assume that someone is attacking you in some way -- at least not until you know someone well enough to know how they respond to people in general.  Hell, that is even good advice for life itself.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

The comment was not referring to financial situations or making any judgments.  It was simply the fact that you used the phrase 'an arm and a leg' (i.e. containing body parts) while referring to the cost of another body part.  

 

When dealing with forums, don't automatically assume that someone is attacking you in some way -- at least not until you know someone well enough to know how they respond to people in general.  Hell, that is even good advice for life itself.

Thank you for defending me, obviously the irony was nothing personal!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, KammyKat said:

Love Zhaoying, are you the troll around here?

No way! I only “troll” mean people. I was just pointing out the (obviously unintended) irony of your statement, and did not mean anything personal by it. Sorry, I missed your comment/question.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/30/2018 at 11:41 AM, KammyKat said:

Yes.... because it's funny to laugh at people who are in a bad financial situation. I can't stop laughing. Soooo funny... not.

I see a pattern here.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/30/2018 at 12:43 PM, Love Zhaoying said:

Thank you for defending me, obviously the irony was nothing personal!

Of course. It was obvious to everyone but Kammy and her super loyal supporters. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My tweenster avvie (and most tweenster RPers I know) uses a Catwa head, but you'd have to upload some RL money if you're on the strugglebus, like I'm sure others have mentioned. If you're having issues, try shrinking your neck down. It won't look pretty if you take the head/body off, but we do what we do. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been in a giving mood recently.  For a moment I thought about sending someone a gift from Catwa but then realized they would end up telling everyone  "I got head from Rhonda."

I don't need that again.

 

Edited by Rhonda Huntress
  • Like 2
  • Haha 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

I have been in a giving mood recently.  For a moment I thought about sending someone a gift from Catwa but then realized they would end up telling everyone  "I got head from Rhonda."

I don't need that again.

 

It makes sense, only do it for money or close friends.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×