Region Restarts.

ScottXRoxxs

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2270 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

There has been a lot of arguments recently about regions going down on Tuesday's when there are no messages made on the https://status.secondlifegrid.net/ website. 

Regardless of Linden Labs posting a message on that website, do they still do the region restarts on Tuesday's at 3AM PST, regardless of a new server release or not, or is it just the estate management that do it? 

Look forward to hearing your answers! 

5 answers to this question

43 minutes ago, ScottXRoxxs said:

There has been a lot of arguments recently about regions going down on Tuesday's when there are no messages made on the https://status.secondlifegrid.net/ website. 

Regardless of Linden Labs posting a message on that website, do they still do the region restarts on Tuesday's at 3AM PST, regardless of a new server release or not, or is it just the estate management that do it? 

Look forward to hearing your answers! 

There's usually some heads-up provided by a post in the Server forum, and there's one there for this week's planned deployment restarts.

It's kind of a mystery to me how the forum post and the status page update aren't linked, either automatically or by procedure, but they aren't always consistent.

54 minutes ago, Qie Niangao said:

There's usually some heads-up provided by a post in the Server forum, and there's one there for this week's planned deployment restarts.

It's kind of a mystery to me how the forum post and the status page update aren't linked, either automatically or by procedure, but they aren't always consistent.

Thanks! I needed this answer. Sorted it out, thanks!! :D

The main channel server update restarts are usually between 5 AM and noon Tuesday. My region in the main channel usually restarts between 8 and 11 AM. (All PT). RC channels up date in the same time frame on Wednesday.

AFAIK, there is no other 'regular' restarts. Owners, managers, and users can report a problem and the Lindens may restart the region. The Labs monitors may catch a problem and make a restart automatically. Or owners and managers my request a restart.

2 hours ago, Nalates Urriah said:

The main channel server update restarts are usually between 5 AM and noon Tuesday. My region in the main channel usually restarts between 8 and 11 AM. (All PT). RC channels up date in the same time frame on Wednesday.

AFAIK, there is no other 'regular' restarts. Owners, managers, and users can report a problem and the Lindens may restart the region. The Labs monitors may catch a problem and make a restart automatically. Or owners and managers my request a restart.

For completeness: For estate regions, estate managers and owners can restart regions themselves.

• Like 1

On 31/01/2018 at 1:26 PM, Nalates Urriah said:

On 31/01/2018 at 3:42 PM, Parhelion Palou said:

For completeness: For estate regions, estate managers and owners can restart regions themselves.

Thank you both for your amazing responses! I now know by the help from this quote below; on when they do the restarts, but thanks for your inputs, really appreciate it! 

Post I'm referring to: 

On 30/01/2018 at 11:46 PM, Qie Niangao said:

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2270 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.