Subscribomatics

Charolotte Caxton

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4751 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

So lately whenever I visit a store, I have the option to subscribe to a non group taking slot. Do these subscribomatics cause any lag issues or any other technical issues other than the tons of messages I am now receiving constantly? I like how I don't have to choose which groups to delete anymore, but I am also concerned that all this information traffic may be, or may in the future be, affecting my inworld performance.

9 answers to this question

I have found nothing in subscription notices to hinder my performance at all.  One note on suscribo groups vs regular listed groups...the subscribomatic group is often used by merchants just for release notices; many only offer the group gifts and special discounts only to what is often called the VIP group... the group that takes up a slot.  But with the LL viewer or Phoenix we now have 42 groups making room for more favorites than the old 20 limit.

• Like 1

As Lyra says, subscribo type groups shouldn't have any major impact on your inwolrd performance.

One other thing to just bear in mind is that, with most of these types of groups, if ever you want to unsubscribe, you have to go back to the original location and click the sign you subscribed from to choose 'unsubscribe'. This is fine in most circumstances but, sadly, there is the occassional unscrupulous user who will make it difficult to unsubscribe by moving the sign around or hiding it. 

Worse case scenario though is that you can mute the sending object if it becomes extremely spammy and you can't find the sign to unsubscribe :)

• Like 1

You can only get a certain number of messages opening for you when you login, so if you have these spammers and groups sending lots of notices, you will reach the limit very fast and may not get your IMs from your friends opening as a result.

If you get things sent to email you can check there to see what you missed, though the email system is not always reliable. It can get very tedious being capped, especially for the sake of spam.

I switch off notices for groups that send ridiculous numbers of notices and I never subscribe to spammers lol....If you find yourself closing those sort of things without even reading them then you know you don`t need them.

You could always set up an alt and have that account join all the junk things, then your main avvie gets left spam free :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4751 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.