Will a AMD YD1700BBAEBOX Ryzen 7 1700 Processor work in Second Life

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1869 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm looking to try to build a new PC from scratch this coming year, buying parts one at a time will allow me to save a good amount. My question is I'm looking to get a AMD YD1700BBAEBOX Ryzen 7 1700 Processor in package deal with a mother board, before I spend the money I wanted to make sure,will that processor would run SL? I would be really upset to spend the money then find out I can't log in the main thing I use a computer for. Thank you, in advance for anyone that knows the answer. 

Yeah that's beyond overkill for SL.

A Ryzen 3 1200 is good enough for SL.

I play SL on a 13 year old Core2Quad Q6600.

For future reference, there is no desktop processor made in the last 15 years that won't at least start SL. And anything core2duo and newer will play SL fine.

The only modern processors i can think of that just plain and simple are not compatible or will give such poor performance the game is unplayable, would be Cherry Trail ULV Atoms from super low end netbooks, Sub 1ghz first gen APU's and non supported architectures like PowerPC.

And then anything 423/478 Pentium 4 or older would be unplayable. 

On 1/29/2018 at 6:44 AM, cykarushb said:

Yeah that's beyond overkill for SL.

A Ryzen 3 1200 is good enough for SL.

I play SL on a 13 year old Core2Quad Q6600.

For future reference, there is no desktop processor made in the last 15 years that won't at least start SL. And anything core2duo and newer will play SL fine.

The only modern processors i can think of that just plain and simple are not compatible or will give such poor performance the game is unplayable, would be Cherry Trail ULV Atoms from super low end netbooks, Sub 1ghz first gen APU's and non supported architectures like PowerPC.

And then anything 423/478 Pentium 4 or older would be unplayable. 

hey will that  Ryzen 7 1700  be more then better for sansar  ?

Yeah, Sandra suggests midrange quadcores, most VR stuff does. You want a processor that pairs well with your VR capable (not just "it can do VR" but it can do it well) GPU or better.

So if you have a GTX 1060, anything better than an i5 2500k is good. If you have a 1070 or 1080, an i5 4460 or 6600k, any higher and you want an i7 4790k or better.

So considering the r7 1700 is waaaaay above that, you're good for VR sansar if you have the GPU for it.

• 1 year later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1869 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.