Clear Visible Cache :Updated with photo

Sally Ellisson
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3446 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

*shrugs* never heard of them, as for whether or not they work, not really sure what they are supposed to do as you can clear your cache in your preferences, its not like some secret process you would need a gadget to perform hehe

If you find out they do something spectacular let us know lol :D

6 answers to this question

Yes, when you sit on those, you are sent about 1000 meters away then brought back. The hope is that the sim will notice you moved, and send you fresh update messages about nearby objects when you return. Sometimes it can help, if some updates were lost on the way to your viewer the first time. You can get a similar effect if you change your active group.

What is a cache? Just a small area of shortage, generally for things that need rapid retrieval. For example when we visit a site, that web page "cached" into our local machine, so when we revisit it, we dont have to redownload all of the elemements, only the ones that have changed since our last visit. CUP's (processors) have several kinds of cache (L1, L2, L3 etc - i consider that is useless to report here the differences between them) and all of them use for the rapid retrieval of date that is needed for future operations. I know about those cylinders / barrels although i never use them. Preferences is the best way to clear cache. Lets accept for SL that visible cache = cache. Just now of curiocity rezzed a cylinder like them at my place. In the description of the product, i read: "Use to clear memory SL Cache quickly".

*shrugs* never heard of them, as for whether or not they work, not really sure what they are supposed to do as you can clear your cache in your preferences, its not like some secret process you would need a gadget to perform hehe

If you find out they do something spectacular let us know lol :D

Archived