Someone blames me !

takissam

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2242 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

16 answers to this question

1 hour ago, PickleflufferButternut said:

What should you do?  Form a complete and readable sentence.  Start there.

Her native language is Greek, for crying out loud. I admire the level of English proficiency she has achieved -- no one but you had any trouble at all understanding her. Who do you think that says more about?

• Like 8

Takis, I took the liberty of looking at your profile. I believe your native tongue is Greek. If you seek Second Life places that share that language your choices are limited.

I will recommend the same thing I always have: Ignore. Do not reply. Do not comment. Do not even admit it is happening. You are dealing with a griefer. There is only one way to do that. Pretend they don't exist for you. Ignore the person. You have not been in Second Life long enough for her to know you. Ignore.

I hope this translates correctly. If you translated your post here yourself, your English is good enough to get by. Most of us understood. If you used a translator it is accurate enough.

Καλή τύχη. That is supposed to be Greek for 'Good Luck'.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, takissam said:

Yes but when she see me with another person,she blame me at my new company.. :( 

Just ignore her.  Anyone who bases their opinion of you on the gossip of strangers rather than taking the time to get to know you and making up their own mind is a sheep and not worth socializing with in the first place.

12 hours ago, Elora Lunasea said:

Mute is your friend here too

6 hours ago, Fluffy Sharkfin said:

Just ignore her.  Anyone who bases their opinion of you on the gossip of strangers rather than taking the time to get to know you and making up their own mind is a sheep and not worth socializing with in the first place.

Ignoring and muting her won't work in terms of someone that she's with. I agree with Talli that if you happen to see her, warn your friend before this person has a chance to say anything. Or...find a good flamethrower. Yes, that will solve all your problems. 

2 hours ago, Tex Monday said:

Ignoring and muting her won't work in terms of someone that she's with. I agree with Talli that if you happen to see her, warn your friend before this person has a chance to say anything. Or...find a good flamethrower. Yes, that will solve all your problems. 

I disagree.  Attempting to preempt the back-stabbing of others by resorting to the same tactics runs the risk of making you look like a hypocrite and/or the instigator of all the drama.

This topic is starting to look a little bit like the one about neighbor's walls over at the General forum. I'm surprised no one so far has suggested communication.

Try talking to this person, tell them how you feel about the situation - be diplomatic.

Or, you know, tell them to go to Hell in seven languages. Whichever you prefer and believe most suitable to the situation. Griefers don't go away on their own accord for as long as their grief has an impact. Deal with it. 

Besides, as previously pointed out, muting and blacklisting someone doesn't stop them from talking to your friends or partners. 

On 29.1.2018 at 7:39 AM, Orwar said:

Try talking to this person, tell them how you feel about the situation - be diplomatic.

Terrible advice, if you deal with a drama enthusiast, chances are any form of attention will be fuel to their fire.

• Like 4

22 hours ago, Pamela Galli said:

Her native language is Greek, for crying out loud. I admire the level of English proficiency she has achieved -- no one but you had any trouble at all understanding her. Who do you think that says more about?

Takissam (display name Takis) is actually a male avatar, as it happens. That has absolutely nothing to do with the relevance of your comment; I just thought I'd mention it. I completely agree with your point, of course.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2242 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.