You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2274 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am trying to learn to build, things other than my square, boxy, houses.  :)  So, I am trying to build a wall fountain.  Regarding the texture I am told to click on "Select Face".  Easy enough. This is what it says: 

Put a check mark in front of  "select face".
--> Bottom face, color dark mossy green to black.

--> Top face
*Horizontal scale = 1.0
*Vertical scale = 0.2
Texture rotations = 90

Get out of "select face".

My question, where the heck are "Bottom Face" and "Top Face"?  I see nothing in the build interface referencing this at all.

Thank you, very much.

Edited by Betty Whitman
correct punctuation

There is no Top Face or Bottom Face in the build interface in regards to texturing, the idea is to enable the "select face" option in the build window then click on the sides of an object to select individual faces.

Based on the instructions you've posted I'd guess that "Top Face" and "Bottom Face" in this case is referring to the faces of the top and bottom prims on which you're placing the textures.

From what you've posted I'd imagine the setup you currently have is two prims, one in front of the other... the one at the back will have the dark mossy green color and the prim at the front will most likely be using a semi-transparent water texture on with a texture animation script to provide the waterfall flowing effect?  In which case "Bottom Face" refers to the prim underneath and "Top Face" refers to the prim above it.

If that's not the case then perhaps you may need to post some more information and/or a screenshot?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2274 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.