In need of friends

milliewillow

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2262 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Alright I am writing this because i suck at making friends inworld. I am sweet and fun. I work as a host (dont worry I dont mass tp its annoying). I can be a little pervy once I know someone but its all in good fun. I am not looking for things to go to RL I may occasionally talk about it but we will never meet or date in RL. I am a nerd enjoying anything that has to do with doctor who, anime, and gaming. If things move to being more then friends then okay but it would only be a SL relationship. If interested look me up milliewillow.

19243194_119262045551792_4614592448133742688_o.jpg

• Like 4

Spends the majority of a topic labeled 'looking for friends' describing what would happen if you and someone were to become 'more than friends'. 

Profile, a jumbled mess of specific sexual preferences and shallow statements. Also hilarious pick about memory lane being off limits unless OP 'starts it'. In the name of no drama. 

Question; does the OP know what a 'friend' is? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 26.1.2018 at 8:04 PM, milliewillow said:

I am writing this because i suck at making friends inworld.

https://my.secondlife.com/milliewillow/picks/7cefd81e-83a4-f2eb-4c71-5039ed1220d6

collars 
rough sex 
breeding 
breast play (can include milk)

With that kind of kinks its kinda hard to imagine you can´t make any friends inworld.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Resi Pfeffer said:

With that kind of kinks its kinda hard to imagine you can´t make any friends inworld.

No offense to the OP, but, a lot of people write that in their profile but are no more interesting than having a bot on a poseball. Putting that in your pick doesn't make you stand out, it just categorizes you as yet another person who probably only is in SL for one thing, and if I'm not into that because - oh, I don't know - maybe I want an actual person if I'm to be intimate rather than a cheap bout of dirty talk that sounds as if it was composed by a third grader; well, I might just keep on browsing profiles until I come across someone that appears a little bit more genuine. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Orwar said:

Putting that in your pick doesn't make you stand out, it just categorizes you as yet another person who probably only is in SL for one thing, and if I'm not into that because - oh, I don't know - maybe I want an actual person if I'm to be intimate rather than a cheap bout of dirty talk that sounds as if it was composed by a third grader; well, I might just keep on browsing profiles until I come across someone that appears a little bit more genuine. 

You are on a roll today. QFT.

13 minutes ago, Orwar said:

No offense to the OP, but, a lot of people write that in their profile but are no more interesting than having a bot on a poseball. Putting that in your pick doesn't make you stand out, it just categorizes you as yet another person who probably only is in SL for one thing, and if I'm not into that because - oh, I don't know - maybe I want an actual person if I'm to be intimate rather than a cheap bout of dirty talk that sounds as if it was composed by a third grader; well, I might just keep on browsing profiles until I come across someone that appears a little bit more genuine. 

I didnt specify, which kind of friends the OP is likely going to have with a profile like that. But its kinda obvious and predictable.
Well, profile perving is not the worst thing to do, i agree. If there is a certain amount of zynic self criticism for example, then sometimes its even me, who starts a new conversation.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nalytha said:

You are on a roll today. QFT.

I didn't sleep well tonight. We'll see if I'll survive the forums or if I'll be tarred and feathered before the day is done. xD

2 minutes ago, Resi Pfeffer said:

I didnt specify, which kind of friends the OP is likely going to have with a profile like that. But its kinda obvious and predictable.
Well, profile perving is not the worst thing to do, i agree. If there is a certain amount of zynic self criticism for example, then sometimes its even me, who starts a new conversation.

People don't seem to have caught up with the fact that we live in a shallow, material world - much more so in SL; if you write you're into this or that sexual activity, that's what people are going to look at and judge you by. Getting laid in SL isn't difficult enough to warrant a requirement to write an instruction list for how to please you on public display wherever you go. 

Everyone has their flaws, but everyone also has the potential to be interesting, if they had the self-insight to recognize their flaws and find their own way of dealing with it - or perhaps even unleashing it.

But then again, what do I know. Perhaps all it takes is 'I like Bieber' for a life-long relationship of squealing like little girls and drooling like dogs.

15 hours ago, Orwar said:

But then again, what do I know. Perhaps all it takes is 'I like Bieber' for a life-long relationship of squealing like little girls and drooling like dogs.

Uhm, as long as everyone is just surrounded by similar minded people, everything is fine.
Its just the process, what hurts. The process, when you have to sort out your friends/relationships, or when you got sorted out.

3 hours ago, Resi Pfeffer said:

Uhm, as long as everyone is just surrounded by similar minded people, everything is fine.

If one is to restrict oneself to only being surrounded by like-minded people, there will be nothing to challenge your perspective. It's what breeds narrow-mindedness and paranoia; if you're only ever agreed with, you don't know how to deal with someone not sharing your views. 

If your ideals are too fragile to stand critique, they probably aren't very sound to begin with.

3 hours ago, Resi Pfeffer said:

Its just the process, what hurts. The process, when you have to sort out your friends/relationships, or when you got sorted out.

'The process' is life. If you're 'done' making friends and relationships at any point in life, you're doing it wrong. It shouldn't hurt, you just need to accept that some people you can work with and others you can't - and move on when things don't work. If you attach emotions at first sight with every new individual, then I don't know what you're doing. Failing to make a friend shouldn't be a problem - losing a friend is what should hurt. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Orwar said:

If one is to restrict oneself to only being surrounded by like-minded people, there will be nothing to challenge your perspective. It's what breeds narrow-mindedness and paranoia; if you're only ever agreed with, you don't know how to deal with someone not sharing your views. 

If your ideals are too fragile to stand critique, they probably aren't very sound to begin with.

Be aware, i may have some problems to understand and to express myself, because im not a native english speaker, so it could happen i take something the wrong way ;)

I didnt say, a stupid person should be bonded to other stupid persons only. In this case, there wouldnt be any positive progress, of course.
I just think its not very likely that a smart person takes care of a stupid one in an educational way.
That leads to my first conclusion. Stupids stay with stupids, and smarties likewise.

2 hours ago, Orwar said:

It shouldn't hurt, you just need to accept that some people you can work with and others you can't - and move on when things don't work. If you attach emotions at first sight with every new individual, then I don't know what you're doing.

Thats what i said, didnt i? :)
But just because im honest or strong enough to say goodbye means not, that i dont have any feelings at all.

• Like 2

Be aware, i may have some problems to understand and to express myself, because im not a native english speaker, so it could happen i take something the wrong way ;)

Nor am I! :$

I didnt say, a stupid person should be bonded to other stupid persons only. In this case, there wouldnt be any positive progress, of course.
I just think its not very likely that a smart person takes care of a stupid one in an educational way.
That leads to my first conclusion. Stupids stay with stupids, and smarties likewise.

That depends on how one defines 'stupid'. A person who lacks education can always be improved - though I should rather say, has the potential to improve, because it's no one else's duty to 'improve' people. If they -want- to, then surely the presence of someone wise may be of benefit; just as the presence of someone 'stupid' may be of benefit to the wise, as their questions should spark a need to express oneself and, in doing so, challenge one's knowledge and find one's limits. 

People who are unwilling to improve, and are content with their sub-mediocre existence, however, I'm afraid will not enjoy my company. 

On 2/2/2018 at 6:35 AM, Orwar said:

'The process' is life. If you're 'done' making friends and relationships at any point in life, you're doing it wrong. It shouldn't hurt, you just need to accept that some people you can work with and others you can't - and move on when things don't work. If you attach emotions at first sight with every new individual, then I don't know what you're doing. Failing to make a friend shouldn't be a problem - losing a friend is what should hurt. 

@Orwar This is the type of self-awareness and explorative philosophy that makes a quality connection; I share your sentiments. We should be friends!

And I'm curious as to your native language - your command of English is so eloquent.

Edited by Runi Jinx

3 hours ago, Runi Jinx said:

@Orwar This is the type of self-awareness and explorative philosophy that makes a quality connection; I share your sentiments. We should be friends!

And I'm curious as to your native language - your command of English is so eloquent.

Feel free to throw me a friend request in-world and we can have a chat.

As to my native language, it's Swedish; and that also means I'm SLT+9 and (usually shouldn't) be online at the 'regular' times for people across the pond. But I break the rules, a lot.

So I  have been going through these comments for a few days now and well most of you have shown how shallow the human race can be. If any of you would of bothered to message me in world you would of found out i was currently leaving the BDSM scene and my profile is currently under edit. Also it seems like to many of you take yourselves way to damn seriously and cannot spot a joke when you see them. Life is to short to live so seriously. What was on my profile was a requirement of the sim i was on. You know because people do do more then stand around in SL there is this thing called RP its really cool you should try it maybe it will help with the stick up many of your asses. In the end i do not care what any of you think of me but to point out for the future you have two options when reading someones profile 1. Dont like it move along. 2. Or continue to do what you do and make yourself look like an ass.

Much Love,

Millie

Edited by milliewillow
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, milliewillow said:

So I  have been going through these comments for a few days now and well most of you have shown how shallow the human race can be.

Billboarding one's sexual preferences is cheap and overt, we're being shallow for pointing out that doesn't really spark any interest in friendship with someone?

If any of you would of bothered to message me in world you would of found out i was currently leaving the BDSM scene and my profile is currently under edit.

There's so many people asking for attention around here, we're lazy for not seeking direct in-world contact with someone who doesn't even reply on her own thread? 

As for whether you're into BDSM or not, I don't mind - but neither my two submissives nor I have a single word in any of our profiles telling people what we enjoy during play, because frankly that's no one's business than ours.

Also it seems like to many of you take yourselves way to damn seriously and cannot spot a joke when you see them. Life is to short to live so seriously.

What 'joke'? The part of your advertisement which you're trying to defend and sweep under the carpet both at once?

What was on my profile was a requirement of the sim i was on. You know because people do do more then stand around in SL there is this thing called RP its really cool you should try it maybe it will help with the stick up many of your asses.

I'm not going to go fully into a philosophical debate about the meaning of BDSM, but I'm one leaning more towards the trust and building a bond between individuals than having 'kinky stuff' done to people. But, to each their own. Oh and I have tried RP - I've been doing it online in various forms since the last millennia. I never had to advertise what my sexual desires involved, though.

In the end i do not care what any of you think of me but to point out for the future you have two options when reading someones profile 1. Dont like it move along. 2. Or continue to do what you do and make yourself look like an ass.

Good for you - yet, considering your response I'm not entirely convinced that's true. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to beat down on you doing whatever it is you're doing; if you want to run around a sim where anyone can catch you and play with you, or if you like sailing the Blake sea sinking other people's vessels, I don't much care - you're just a drop in the stream. That there was nothing else, however, and that you seemed to assume that the 'friendship' would end up something else, made it feel very pointless reaching out to get to know you though, since I already have a relationship. 

So, 1: Fair enough, I will - it's a shame you were unable to recognize any of my criticism as constructive and thought I was 'too serious' though, as what I tried to provoke was an elaboration of your presentation of yourself, to see if there might indeed have been anything to rouse interest. 

2: You missed the apostrophe in "Don't" under your first point, and if you felt you wanted that "Or" somewhere, it should have been before the second point as now the second point it '<blank> or...'. How about for the sake of practice you try to look at this as constructive criticism and we'll see how that makes you feel. You're welcome.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2262 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.