Items for people without mesh?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1179 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I cannot afford mesh and I am not sure I really care for it, to be honest. I think it's kind of overrated. Anyway, I was browsing the market for a while for skins and I got disappointed real fast. It's so hard to find anything.. Most are for mesh and there also a lot of obvious scams and demos to sift through. Can anyone recommend some creators to me? They don't have to be free items, because I plan on getting some lindens. As long as it's not crazy, please share. I am asking about everything for avatars to wear, but I mostly seem to be having trouble finding skins.

Skin creators tend to no longer release system skins, but make old ones available as freebies/cheapies. You could have a look at the lucky boards and group gifts at the 7 Deadly Skins shop, and I think Wow Skins sell a big package of their old skins for very cheap.

26 minutes ago, Wymora said:

I cannot afford mesh and I am not sure I really care for it, to be honest. I think it's kind of overrated. Anyway, I was browsing the market for a while for skins and I got disappointed real fast. It's so hard to find anything.. Most are for mesh and there also a lot of obvious scams and demos to sift through. Can anyone recommend some creators to me? They don't have to be free items, because I plan on getting some lindens. As long as it's not crazy, please share. I am asking about everything for avatars to wear, but I mostly seem to be having trouble finding skins.

Jomo, has still lots of system skins for both genders...also lucky boards for some items and freebie stuff... ( yes for the gentlemen... also a free...youknowwhatpart, even one of the best looking free ones :)  )

8 minutes ago, Wymora said:

I will try looking these things up.

I forgot to mention that I am a female.

In that case, you should also look at Esode and if you want a young look, KimKy and Tokyo Girl are still very good options. KimKy only sells skin/body combos as far as I know but they're cheap enough to be interesting even if you're only interested in the skin.

I haven't bought a skin myself for a while so I'm not up to date but I'm surprised if you can't find system skins at all. Most people seem to use mesh bodies these days of course but many don't like mesh heads so they need system skins too.

Edited by ChinRey

Lumae (mentioned above), WoW Skins, Plastik, .:Soul:. and Stix all still include system skins. The last three may seem like just fantasy skins but they do natural tones as well.

Fallen Gods includes system skins but I don't recall seeing many natural tones.

These are full skins (face and body), not the freaky body only skins with blank heads. Plus you'll have appliers included in case some point down the road you decide to get a mesh body and/or head and won't have to worry about matching.

There are definitely still plenty of system skins out there.  I'm still using a system head but switched to a mesh body last year.  Thus I had to do the hunt for a new system skin with a matching body applier.  I found tons of system skins, but it did take a bit of searching to find something that I really liked and was similar to what I had been using before (that skin creator was no longer in SL, so no chance of getting a body applier to match it). 

You do need to read the display ads careful and/or look at the contents of what you are buying.  Make sure the ad indicates it is for a Classic or System avatar.  Also, some of the ads are not very clear that they are only selling makeup tattoos rather than the full skin.  

LAQ is definitely worth a look, as mentioned; I adored their glow line, and the essentials line was gorgeously detailed and customisable. Curio, if they're still around and have kept their old skins, was also popular back in the day. Pink Fuel I know for a fact still has their Classic skins available, including a freebie for avatars under 30 days old. 

Ask the Skin Addiction group inworld for advice, too; it's full of knowledgeable people who give really great advice.

Hello Wymora,

Here is a store on marketplace that still has alot of items for classic avatars : )

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/76031

and you can't beat the prices : )

https://fabfree.wordpress.com/

for idea's and events, check them out lots of really good information.

Welcome to Second Life

Best Regards,

Josephine

1 hour ago, Josephine Carissa said:

Here is a store on marketplace that still has alot of items for classic avatars : )

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/76031

and you can't beat the prices : )

That store's actually got some cute items.  I picked up a bunch for a some of my alts a few months back - before some of the freebie mesh bodies/heads came out.  A coupld of the alts are still wearing those clothes, just because I've been too lazy to log them in and get their mesh body/head set up.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1179 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.