Mystery Blue Circles Causing Log Outs

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2201 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have no idea what is wrong,  but I get a really annoying revolving blue circle when I'm doing activities or even just walking in SL. The screen then goes dark ,flickers, my avie and the sim re-appears and I get logged out And the fact I bought this computer because it had AMD and not Intel makes it that much more frustrating..Please help me..! Thank You!

• SierraStyles changed the title to Mystery Blue Circles Causing Log Outs
3 hours ago, SierraStyles said:

I have no idea what is wrong,

we neither... it helps a lot when you post your systemspecs ( help menu in the viewer, and copy /paste it here please.)

Be sure to use SL wired. Wireless can cause trouble.

3 hours ago, SierraStyles said:

the fact I bought this computer because it had AMD and not Intel

this you might have to clarify too... AMD is for sure not better /worse than Intel ... way more important is the power and your graphics

I have no idea what is wrong,  but I get a really annoying revolving blue circle when I'm doing activities or even just walking in SL. The screen then goes dark ,flickers, my avie and the sim re-appears and I get logged out

Sounds like youre hitting some kind of limit, whether its a ram limit, video memory limit, or physical hardware overheating or something, if its a gradual increase in issues until a crash, its usually something along those lines.

Monitor your RAM usage in task manager or something, see if SL is using up a lot of memory it shouldnt be, the regular LL viewer tends to only use 1-2gb of RAM tops. Firestorm can use a lot more.

it had AMD and not Intel

This is entirely irrelevant any time after ~2004. But because a lot of people here are older and were playing when it was a concern, this whole "AMD = teh sux" stigma has stuck around for some reason... Ive explained that extensively before and i dont think people wanna read that again.

7 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

Be sure to use SL wired. Wireless can cause trouble.

this too, has for some reason stuck around since the early 2000's

Modern wireless internet adapters, and by that i again mean anything newer than ~2004 is fine. For regular use its going to be just as good as a wired connection so long as you have a decent quality adapter and an ok router. Which any modern router and any standard intel wireless chipset is going to be fine for.

It wont be as fast, but considering SL can still be smoothly run for chat and voice and get decent loading times over a 500kbps connection, having 10mbps instead of 30 that you would have on ethernet is fine.

Okay, so I still am frustrated. I had Black Dragon for several months, it ran just fine, then out of the blue it became incompatible. So I downloaded Firestorm because it has graphics and not text only-I  This is a fairly newer-several months old- larger pc, a HP laptop as compared to a smaller notebook that had all sorts of glitches- another brand, but one that I would not recommend. Its broken, so not an option. This pc supposedly is geared towards people using the kind of graphics used in gaming, which should be sufficient for running SL. I uninstalled two other programs so SL would run smoother, but did not help.. If I knew what info I need to get this fixed and which viewer to use it would be great. I am not an IT person, but I really enjoy being on SL.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, now one of my posts here is gone.. oh well, i am getting to the point where I regret buying this pc. .it is not doing what it is advertised to do. Will not copy to clipboard and it hides info/.SL snapshots when I need the info to post here. BTW,even Render is getting cranky-logged me out before I even got on-and it was not an event,      i was just trying o log in to my home point.. so either its back to  furball or hippo hollow or continue to trouble shoot-or just give up on this computer. .I think all the MS updates are messing it up..:|  Definitely no joy in Mudville..and I have no ideas left..

I have McAffee, no webroot or similar. No Java script as an outside source said.  I uninstalled firestorm, also deleted a duplicate program, then installed the 32 version of firestorm update. My antivirus and security programs say things are okay .I  am at the point I am ready to give up. Its just ridiculous how much I have tried to fix this and it still stinks..I am tired of playing online solitaire and email only..ugh 

Edited by SierraStyles
odd word fragment

Uniblue Powersuite is also known to cause copy/paste to not work, so uninstall that if you have it - see http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/copy_paste_fail

Are you willing to uninstall McAfee temporarily, then reboot your computer & login to SL & test if copy/paste works & whether the viewer feeezing & disconnects still happen?
If you are, please do this to rule out McAfee being the cause of the problem.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2201 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.