Panteleeva

Why if girl don t want voice, guy like to say you re guy?)

If you don't want to voice, its adviced to learn how to properly write the language of your choice, so that others have it easier to communicate with you.

On the topic itself: The only one who is afraid is the man requiring, that you verify yourself for him. He is the one fearing, that he might "become gay", if he spends his time with a female avatar, that is controlled by another man. He fears, that its "gay" to enjoy that, even if he has no clue about who he is talking to. He is insecure, that his sexuality is in danger, because of that. Also, gay men usually do not chose female avatars, especially not with the goal to seduce some 'poor' straight dude. They are more likely to create some stunning male avatar and go looking for their own kind. Its more common, that you'll find a straight guy wanting to create their ultimate dream woman and/or play out some lesbian fetish.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Quinn Lysette said:

but honestly u must prove yr female

Must?

Prove to whom?

How do I know your a guy?  I want a DNA sample first. 
I don't go out with any guy until I run a background check.  Full name, SSN  and a picture of your passport or no kissy-kissy!

Edited by Rhonda Huntress
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

23 minutes ago, Syo Emerald said:

If you don't want to voice, its adviced to learn how to properly write the language of your choice, so that others have it easier to communicate with you.

tru ne1 taht wans 2 tak 2 me needs mor then voice i has nevr r once it my proff of u r u not 1 2 b n my pants

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

tru ne1 taht wans 2 tak 2 me needs mor then voice i has nevr r once it my proff of u r u not 1 2 b n my pants

*takes away Rhonda's cough medicine*

• Haha 8

48 minutes ago, Quinn Lysette said:

Ahhh Quinn, you are so naive.  Even if you are wanting proof because you want to find some SL relationship that you can take to RL, you still really will not get 100% guarantee that someone is female - no matter what sort of proof they offer you.

• Like 2

Proof!  OK, what if I tell you something only women know?
Wait ... there may be a logical flaw to that ...

Logic!  That the ticket.

All women are crazy.
I and bat guano, over the rainbow, toys in the attic crazy.
Therefore I am a woman.

(kudos if you recognized the false syllogism)

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Quinn Lysette said:

Where is that written in the LL TOS? 

Besides, why must we "prove" anything? Voice chat is not even a requirement in SL. I rarely do it myself, because I find it boring and if the only thing that other person is interested in is having "proof" of whatever, then they aren't someone I would waste time talking to anyway. Personally, I don't go around demanding that guys prove to me that they are actually male, because I don't care one way or the other, as it doesn't directly effect my SL or RL.

I think this is a topic of concern for many guys in SL, because they 1. Are looking for a romantic partner/ or at least some hot buttered pixel sex. 2. Homophobic and the hysteria is making them paranoid.

It seems that just about every guy I have ever known in SL, has a female alt with the exception of 1 and only one of them was into guys, the rest were trying to live out their lesbian fantasy.

Edited by Kristen Beornssen
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

On ‎1‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 11:54 PM, Skell Dagger said:

Who knew that SL was a haven for thousands of closeted gay men who are so frightened of their sexuality that they hide behind avatars of a gender they're not remotely sexually attracted to? 9_9

(All the Genuine Straight Dudes of SL must be living in sheer terror of accidentally boinking another dude, by that nutjob's way of thinking.)

I assume you're well aware that last sentence is (regrettably) accurate, but others may not be so I'll back it up. I have seen more than one blog post that says with conviction to straight males that should they have virtual avatar sex with a female avatar operated by a male then guess what? They're now gay! That is about as deep in the nutjob zone as one can go, I believe.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Dillon Levenque said:

I assume you're well aware that last sentence is (regrettably) accurate, but others may not be so I'll back it up. I have seen more than one blog post that says with conviction to straight males that should they have virtual avatar sex with a female avatar operated by a male then guess what? They're now gay! That is about as deep in the nutjob zone as one can go, I believe.

well damn... I had some ongoing random boinking with an SL male who disappered and a friend told me he was most certain it wa a girl in RL... SO? It wasn´t in SL but then there were few females (in both life, we voiced occasionally)... idk... I mean I tend to seperate between me and Kasha (or my RP Chars which makes me the devil ever so often XD...they´re all part of me though) and Kasha was single so she can boink every creature she wishes to -if she can convince them it´s a good idea ;P (or is convinced successfully)

These are always very interesting never ending discussions that are based on a view of reality where everyone and everything is separate from ourselves. The second life addition to our daily reality makes that people can get even more confused. 

One important thing to consider is that the moment you start playing SL you are doing that inside your 'real' life. People claiming that they can seperate SL from their RL need a reality check and I mean that litteraly. Separating SL from RL means that you are capable of stopping time in RL, play SL like teleporting yourself to an alternative universe, and when you come back in RL time continues from where you left. 

People rather need to ask themselves how much of Second Life should be part of their 'real' lives. And what role SL should play in their 'real' lives. I admire those that are really clear about this. Some clearly use SL as a tool to put their minds somewhere else and do this in such a way that the happenings in SL impact their 'real' lives as little as possible. Others allow SL to play a larger part in their 'real' lives. But one thing should be clear. SL is part of your RL the moment you start playing it. 

On a personal note. I brought a part of my RL into SL after a three year absence / retreat. And I don't mind at all what gender, race, shape or size the real person is that animates his or her avatar. When in SL I engage with your avatar. The RL you, determined through your avatar, how you want to perceive and interact with the information I provide from the RL me through my avatar to you. 

An example to make it more clear. If you are a guy in RL and you use a female avatar to interact with me I will be interacting with the feminine side of you. That side is part of the RL you! You chose to show that side of you and then it becomes part of the RL you. Nothing more nothing less. If we then decide to have pixel sex I will still be having pixel sex (not physical sex) with your feminin side. For me it is totally irrelevant to know what gender, race, shape or size you are in RL until we chose to have some form of communication and interaction where we bypass SL. 

• Like 3

@Dillon Levenque In short: it's pure homophobia. Some guys are so insecure in their masculinity that they actually believe that interacting with a gay man will "turn them gay", and that thought terrifies them. Oddly enough, I've interacted with a lot of straight men and women, and guess what? I'm still as queer as a three dollar bill. :D

Funny story, told to me by someone who helps out regularly in a support group dedicated to mesh body parts: she'd been helping this big macho guy sort out his avatar (the usual stuff: matching his mesh head skintone to his mesh body skintone, etc) and he kept randomly sending her IMs over the next few days asking for help with this and that. One day when he called on her for help she happened to be testing out a new male avatar (which, coincidentally, happened to comprise the same mesh body and head that he was wearing), so she teleported over to him. She was still 'herself' (that is: her named avatar, rather than an alt) but just wearing a male body and head.

He freaked out. He absolutely refused to be near her male avatar, even though he knew she was a woman beneath and behind it.  He begged her to put on her female avatar again because he didn't want a guy to be helping him with his little problem... of tinting his genitalia to match the rest of his body.

All I could respond with (after I'd dried my tears of laughter and begged her to tell me if she'd asked if she could "handle your balls with my BIG MAN HANDS") was that clearly he'd never been to a tailor to be measured for a bespoke suit before. ;)

Edited by Skell Dagger
Spelling (not enough coffee yet today!)
  • Like 1
  • Haha 10

I don't have problem talking on voice time and place  I like to but its in mannerly way. But know one should force its your second life every one got a story. But  if its dating you want someone that dos voice then look for someone that will that what dating places are for and note card says you like to voice or put in your profile you can demand if someone wants to.  I have no problem talking on voice I am confident to do it but I am not here for wam bam thank you mam. There many women that will some wont but just move on to the ones that will no problem its part of life we all have are likes. Unless your want voice in your life then look for those that put voice verified they are willing to voice. But if comes to dating your looking for long term or go real the person is going to want to know if your a girl or a guy just being upfront going on cam and voice in manner nothing sexual can solve it later then it should be two way street just willing when comes to looking in real.

Edited by Dreamerra

On 27/01/2018 at 12:38 PM, Skell Dagger said:

@Dillon Levenque In short: it's pure homophobia. Some guys are so insecure in their masculinity that they actually believe that interacting with a gay man will "turn them gay", and that thought terrifies them. Oddly enough, I've interacted with a lot of straight men and women, and guess what? I'm still as queer as a three dollar bill. :D

Funny story, told to me by someone who helps out regularly in a support group dedicated to mesh body parts: she'd been helping this big macho guy sort out his avatar (the usual stuff: matching his mesh head skintone to his mesh body skintone, etc) and he kept randomly sending her IMs over the next few days asking for help with this and that. One day when he called on her for help she happened to be testing out a new male avatar (which, coincidentally, happened to comprise the same mesh body and head that he was wearing), so she teleported over to him. She was still 'herself' (that is: her named avatar, rather than an alt) but just wearing a male body and head.

He freaked out. He absolutely refused to be near her male avatar, even though he knew she was a woman beneath and behind it.  He begged her to put on her female avatar again because he didn't want a guy to be helping him with his little problem... of tinting his genitalia to match the rest of his body.

All I could respond with (after I'd dried my tears of laughter and begged her to tell me if she'd asked if she could "handle your balls with my BIG MAN HANDS") was that clearly he'd never been to a tailor to be measured for a bespoke suit before. ;)

Probably he hoped, that she will help with his genitalia other ways also. ;)

• Like 2

Even if you do voice, they'll just claim voice changer. I've had a guy say i couldn't possibly be female because i understood a joke about DnD. Let people say whatever. Honestly when they ask for voice i refuse, even though i'm normally very happy to speak. Rather hang around with people who arn't just there because of my gender.

• Like 1

There is no way I would get involved with anyone if i didn't know their true sex.  I'm not gay nor would i want to be tricked.  And it absolutely matters if they are male or females.  You people sitting here saying it doesn't are so full of *****.

@PickleflufferButternut What is important to you doesn't have to be important to others so please respect that, in the same way as those that don't care about another person's gender respect your views. That other people's views differ from yours doesn't automatically mean these people are full of *****

• Like 2

It seems to me that unless one is hoping to take a relationship from SL to RL, the RL gender of the other avatar shouldn't matter as much.  If you enjoy the company of the other avatar as they present themselves or you enjoy the pixel bumping experience, I don't see that it would matter if there was a disconnect between the SL and RL gender.

I don't voice because I don't have a microphone, and even if I did, I would probably not voice, as I would worry about other noise from my household around me coming across on the microphone.  If someone wanted to take that as an indication that I was not a 'real' female, I'm not going to worry about it.  As a disclaimer, I'm also not looking for any type of relationship in SL, so the RL gender of others is of even less importance to me.  

22 minutes ago, PickleflufferButternut said:

You people sitting here saying it doesn't are so full of *****.

You people sitting here and passing judgement on others who don't live their lives in the exact same straight and narrow way that you do...

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

One I heard a girl on voice and her family as well, the shouting that the dinner was ready and why Toy is running in his pants?

It was funny but, no thank you.