Avatar floating with animations and pose balls

Danartiz

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2276 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have a problem when im trying to interact with objects

When i try to sit on a chair, or use poseballs with my partner  it seems that im floating, he sits on the same chair and have no problems but i seem to be floating 

In couple animations like hugs or kisses we cant interact correctly cause the animation appears also with this problem, he is on the ground but my avatar seems to be just some inches up the ground, my avatar is very basic and i dont have anything really complicated that could be affecting the animation so.. i dont know what could it be, it does not matter if its a sofa, chair bed or anything

Also when i stand up i come back to the ground and everything seems just fine, so i donk know what could it be

Please help me

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tengo un problema tratando de interactuar con objetos

Cuando trato de sentarme en una silla o usar poseballs parece que yo estoy unos centímetros por arriba del suelo, mi pareja el se sienta en la misma silla que yo y no tiene problema pero a mi me aparece asi

En animaciones de dos como abrazos o besos no podemos interactuar correctamente porque la animación mía flota, así que no concuerda

Mi avatar es muy básico y no tengo nada que yo considere verdaderamente complicado para que pueda interferir con las poseballs o animaciones, no se que pueda ser, no importa si es un sofa una silla una cama o hasta el globo aerostático

Sin embargo cuando me "levanto" vuelve todo a la normalidad asiq ue no se que puede ser

Por favor si alguien me puede ayudar se los agradecería.

2 answers to this question

It's actually a very simple problem and solution.

All animations record the "root object" (Avatar center) relation to the zero plane (ground).

In SL the Avatar "root" object is the PELVIS. This means that when a person creates an animation that animation also records the position of the pelvis and how high up it is from the ground. If the person making the animation is using a small avatar to create the animation and puts it into SL then a very large avatar uses that same animation - the pelvis will be placed into the same spot.

So it works like this: I create an animation and my avatar is 5' tall, let's say my pelvis is 2.5' above the ground. I put that animation into SL. Now let us say you use that animation and your avatar is 6' tall, and pelvis is 3' above ground.

The animation will move your pelvis to 2.5' above the ground (because that's where I recorded it) - that will lower you and your feet will now sink into to the ground because when you sit you are not really sitting - only the image you see is sitting (you are still and always are standing) See?

So - if you are floating up high when you sit on pose balls and other animations it means you are too TALL. I don't mean from head-to-toe - I mean relative to your legs length, torso length and position of are avatar pelvis. So you can try this: Make legs shorter and torso shorter then make BODY taller (so you appear to be the same height). That will likely fix your issue. If not, then try the more opposite: make body shorter, then legs taller and Torso taller so you appear the same height.

Good luck!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2276 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.