Question Regarding Child Avatar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2235 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

18 minutes ago, Zeta Vandyke said:

An aduld playing a child visiting and participating on a sim like that should be the only one who gets terminated.

That's different to what you said in the post I responded to. In that post, you didn't include "and participating", or words that mean the same thing. You simply said that "a child avie can still visit that sim and get someone's accounts terminated." That's what I responded to by pointing out that a child av can't get someone banned simnply by visiting a sex place. I added that someone inviting all-comers to have sex with them while they're AFK is asking for trouble. You were very lucky to get away with it.

Edited by Phil Deakins
  • Like 1

It is entirely possible that two people could be having sex and a kid TPs in without the sexually active parties noticing (not talking about AFK stuff here).  Given how the rules are, it is entirely possible that if said kid avi stays and watches, that all parties, including the adults, could get in trouble.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

2 hours ago, Phil Deakins said:

That's what I responded to by pointing out that a child av can't get someone banned simnply by visiting a sex place.

The is not entirely true.

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

It is entirely possible that two people could be having sex and a kid TPs in without the sexually active parties noticing (not talking about AFK stuff here).  Given how the rules are, it is entirely possible that if said kid avi stays and watches, that all parties, including the adults, could get in trouble.

And this is why.

Governance does not care about the intent of any parties involved in this scenario. Anyone engaging in sexual acts in visual proximity to a child avatar can be disciplined regardless of the intent of any party involved.

Edited by Lucia Nightfire

1 hour ago, Lucia Nightfire said:

Governance does not care about the intent of any parties involved in this scenario. Anyone engaging in sexual acts in visual proximity to a child avatar can be disciplined regardless of the intent of any party involved.

I don't agree with that, except for the possibility of one word - "can". But I don't believe it would happen - not when LL have logs to examine. If a couple get 'into it' when a child av is there, then they can, and should, suffer the consequences, but that's not the same as a child av turning up whilst they're 'at it'.

Lately it looks like at least governance8 linden and maybe some others as well are on a hunt, for 3 days now I have had him come to a set of family oriented sims where I rent parcels out and inspecting every object that has anything even close to do with child avatars, I can understand doing a scan for an hour or so after a report was filed but this is looking like harassment of my renters especially when it is a systematic close up inspection of every parcel in 2 connected sims

On 3/5/2018 at 3:47 PM, Love Zhaoying said:

Next they’ll be saying SL children can’t be spanked! Which may explain a lot in today’s society.

Believe it or not, but one of my renters has told me governance8 linden did comment about child oriented spank zones in their parcel but so far nobody appears to have been banned over it.

5 minutes ago, Abigail Merlin said:

Believe it or not, but one of my renters has told me governance8 linden did comment about child oriented spank zones in their parcel but so far nobody appears to have been banned over it.

Children that aren’t spanked grow up to be *ssh*l*s!

56 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Children that aren’t spanked grow up to be *ssh*l*s!

Not true.  I don't spank mine, well can't reach the 21 year old now but there are better ways... change the password to the broadband while they are at school is a favorite :ph34r:

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Not true.  I don't spank mine, well can't reach the 21 year old now but there are better ways... change the password to the broadband while they are at school is a favorite :ph34r:

When my son was in middle school, he didn't seem to think he needed to do homework.  His reasoning - "I can ace the test, so why bother"?  We tried many things, most of which failed. At one point we took all the toys and fiction books out of his room, leaving only the encyclopedia set (yes, that was back in those days) and a few other factual books.

He then came down to dinner and starting spouting all the cool stuff he had learned from the encyclopedia books and still didn't do his homework.

He has grown up to be a fine young man though.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

When my son was in middle school, he didn't seem to think he needed to do homework.  His reasoning - "I can ace the test, so why bother"?

That was me for my entire public school career.  I liked to read but other than that, I didn't do homework.  Ever.  OK, so maybe my spellun is deplorible.  I should have paid more attention and practiced every day like I was supposed to. 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2235 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.