Try to tp but get logged out

Brynt Coeur

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4730 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I can tp to places like my home but when a friend invites me over and I try to tp to them, I get logged off of sl and disconnected from my location

it says connecting to region for like a minute then says "darn. You have been logged out of Second Life. You have been disconnected from the region you were in."

16 answers to this question

Hi, Brynt. 

Since TP works sometimes for you, for some regiosn but not for others, I suspect lag issues are getting to you.

Here are a few tools you might try: one of them might fix you.

~ Try the tips in Torley Linden's Video tutorial on Why I Can't Teleport:
~~TP first to an empty Linden sim like Pooley or Kara, then try your target
~~Try teleporting from high flying
~~Scale down your maximum bandwidth to 500 in the Ctrl-P Preferences Menu
~~Remove scripted attachments.
~Clear Cache fixes a lot of things.
~System Requirements - if your computer or internet connection are not fast enough for your SL viewer, teleports often fail. Either upgrade your system, or try another viewer:
~~ Older but still supported viewers often take fewer resources, so run better.
~~ Older unsupported SL viewer takes even less resources, but only for technophiles who can take the time to debug connection issues by making simple edits to the code.
~ Some SL Third-Party Viewers handle older computers better than the SL viewer, especially Henri Beauchamp's Cool Viewer.

I blogged a more complete answer here.  http://secondherald.blogspot.com/2010/10/fixing-teleport.html

Brynt Coeur wrote:

ok now i can tp everywhere but my house, or even the area near my house

i tried everything and haven't missed a payment.....

Is it a Linden home or a rented land on the mainland or private sim or land that you own?

If it is rented, contact the landowner that you pay.

ok i have come to the conclusion that tping hates me... i can teleport everywhere but where friends send me request,

after they send the request, i can't get to the area no matter what i try.... happened the last like 10 times

Brynt Coeur wrote:

ok i have come to the conclusion that tping hates me... i can teleport everywhere but where friends send me request,

after they send the request, i can't get to the area no matter what i try.... happened the last like 10 times

Are they trying to TP you to land that requires age verification when you not age verified?

i talked to a few owners and i'm not on any band list

it says "contacting new region" for a while the somthing long the lines of you've been logged off

every now and then the places i can access change and it's anoying, i can't get to my fave spots anymore

That sounds like a scripted attachment problem. You can never be sure of the lag conditions on the sim that you are trying to TP into and so attachments can cause problems for some places and not others. As a test try removing all the scripts from your avatar, the easiest way is to just remove all attachments and HUDs & if your hair is scripted, see if you can find one for the day that doesn`t have any scripts in it. Then just see over the course of the day if you have a higher rate of succesful teleports. Of you have your bandwidth setting high, trying sliding that down a bit.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4730 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.