Abandoned Land Auctions

Cedric Brown

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1924 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

15 hours ago, Qie Niangao said:

Until today I hadn't even realized that auctions were back, and that might well change the direct-sale practice -- and certainly consume some time for the Mainland-supporting Lindens.

I believe this is why they started sending parcels to auction. Shortly after auctions came back they started sending requested parcels there so I believe anything before that point was them testing it with parcels that were not requested.

3 hours ago, Hintswen Guardian said:

Shortly after auctions came back they started sending requested parcels there so I believe anything before that point was them testing it with parcels that were not requested.

it always been a possibility they send requested parcels to auction, they never hidden that, it's mentioned multiple times. When there was a indication a parcel would be wanted by more residents it wouldn't be for sale to one individual but go to auction.

If a Linden reads here... perhaps can make a announcement for the current rules/use?

3 hours ago, Fionalein said:

So the logical solution is requesting dozens of parcles to saturate the market?

No, because they will check the first few requests then just stop checking requests for awhile haha.

58 minutes ago, Ethan Paslong said:

it always been a possibility they send requested parcels to auction, they never hidden that, it's mentioned multiple times. When there was a indication a parcel would be wanted by more residents it wouldn't be for sale to one individual but go to auction.

If a Linden reads here... perhaps can make a announcement for the current rules/use?

Yes but the odds of it going to auction were basically 0 for a time, they now seem to be going back to the old policy (but it can be a bit random) the old policy is still the current policy.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1924 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.