Skilled Gaming State Ban

OichiKazama

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 82 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Getting straight to the point i would like something handled. I would like to access the Skill gaming region to earn lindens but my state has been banned and i don't really have a full reason why? The game i'm trying to access is " No devil " , that's all i ever play. I don't KNOW anything else. Why am i being punished because of where i live?

I think the ban is based on where your ISP reports you as being.  I know someone who lives in a state where online gambling is legal but he's near the border with a state where it isn't, and his ISP address has him on the wrong side of the state border, so he can't access gaming regions either.

Edited by Innula Zenovka
  • Like 3

If you live in one of these handfull of USA states you can't gamble...

• Arizona
  • Arkansas
  • Delaware
  • Florida
  • Kentucky
  • Louisiana
  • Maryland
  • Nevada
  • South Carolina
  • South Dakota
  • Tennessee

If you live in one of these the solution is to vote for people who will overturn the states ban on gambling.

If you have been incorrectly tagged contact support.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, bebejee said:

And foreigners? does SL not know US IP addresses from foreign ones?

While the Wiki only currently lists some US states, given some countries policies on gambling, I wouldn't be surprised if LL also blocked it for some non-US locations.

If your country has no issues with online gambling and you are being blocked, then I suggest a Support ticket.

• 2 months later...
4 hours ago, BlooZWaters said:

It is my understanding that it the decision of LL to do that.

The question has been sufficently answered almost 3 month ago. Why did you feel the need to necro it while providing false information?

This has not been the decision of LL but the state/regional government. LL has an obligation just like anyone else to follow the law, so they had to ban users of these states from accessing skill gaming regions.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CoffeeDujour said:

Although .. I'm rather surprised no-one pointed out the fallacy of skill gaming to earn money. 

Someone did, long ago in a long locked thread about something way different...

• Like 1

On 2/5/2018 at 12:07 PM, anna2358 said:

The answer is to connect via a VPN and chose an exit node in a gambling-allowed place, but be warned the latency is horrible.

NB. I am not an American.

This I would not do, it will result in some kind of punishment,  because it would be like ban evading, nobody likes that and once caught they will decide upon which course of action to take.

• Like 1

You can be sure of one thing with those list of states up there..They aren't doing it for the sake of trying to stop people from gambling..

It's to keep that gambling revenue in their own states..

I live in Tennessee..They sure wouldn't have river boat gambling in Nashville if it was about trying to save people..

hehehe

• Like 2

On January 21, 2018 at 9:19 PM, Callum Meriman said:

If you live in one of these handfull of USA states you can't gamble...

• Arizona
  • Arkansas
  • Delaware
  • Florida
  • Kentucky
  • Louisiana
  • Maryland
  • Nevada
  • South Carolina
  • South Dakota
  • Tennessee

If you live in one of these the solution is to vote for people who will overturn the states ban on gambling.

If you have been incorrectly tagged contact support.

Note some of these states, Florida and Nevada, have some form of legal gambling in the state, so they obviously just do not want to allow competition with thier in state gambling they can tax. Some of the others may be the same way.

Oddly enough, if you spend some time reading about the gambling laws in the various states, I'm not sure I could definitively say why some states can do it in SL and some can't.  Some of the banned states having gambling within in their states.  Some of the non-banned states have laws against online gambling.  Thus the reasoning of it all is beyond me.

2 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Thus the reasoning of it all is beyond me.

As others have pointed out, states that have restrictions on online gambling may well simply want to keep gambling (and the associated profits, taxes and licence fees) within the state.   

As to non-banned states, since we're talking about state law vs federal law, the non-banned states' statutory definitions of  online gambling presumably do not catch games LL has designated as games of skill (which, of course, are not games of chance --  the whole point of LL's approvals procedure for games of skill in the first place was to weed out games of chance, which is another way of saying "gambling games").

• 5 years later...
2 minutes ago, JimSplash said:

wow that no devil over 30 ki in one machine 2000 a game not one win what a rip off going on a game and getting ripped off by them wow really 

This thread is 5 years old. And you've literally described the act of gambling. If you dropped L$30,000 in a No Devil machine and did not win, that's not the machine's issue.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 82 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.