Light trouble with my AKERUKA head

LeaCoringtown

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2006 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi, I meet a strange phenomena that change my head lighting as on the attached view.

My graphics setting is beetwen High and Ultra and this trouble happen when "Advances Lighting Model" option is checked. I'm using a face light but it's same when I take it off.

It's happen only in some area but often on dance floors maybe because lights is different. I tryed with 5 other head demos  (Catwa, Lelutka, Slink, Genesis, Starlust) and didn't get any trouble with. Skin shinniness setting is off.

Is someone encountered the same issue?

image8436.png

Edited by LeaCoringtown

For an Akeruka-specific issue, try an Akeruka-specific inworld group or message the owner or their customer service rep(s). 

Not being a creator myself or have much knowledge relating to creation, I can only speculate that it has something to do with how that head is made. Customer support can probably help more.

This is an SL bug exposed by the head. If you have advanced lighting on, and you have projected lighting around you, that falls onto a blended alpha you will see a darker texture.

On 22/01/2018 at 8:15 AM, LeaCoringtown said:

Thanks for answer Ariel, you're right so I did it and solved the trouble by setting windlights in Quick Preference; WL Sky to: CalWL.

This only fixes how you see yourself, everyone else using Advanced Lighting will see you corrupted, as your photo shows.

Changing your head's alpha layer to masked (which might need you to remove makeup) should fix it properly, but it's something you need to raise with support for your head.

• Like 3

• 9 months later...

I finally found out what was the origine of this trouble. Actually I used a wrong file format for skin. Both AK deluxe and new gen heads need the TGA 24 bits whitout alpha format for skin. If you use the format png you meet this kind of trouble. That can be usfull to know this for skin creators. My apology to not fully read the Config Dev Kit that say : // SKIN (TGA 24bit NO ALPHA!) and png for others layers. Now I'm beautifull anywhere. :))

Snapshot_824a.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2006 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.