swapping from premium to basic account

Kawaii09Cutie

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2266 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I can no longer afford to keep paying the price for my premium account. I tried swapping back to basic but every time I do it tells me that I must release my land first. I can't figure out how to do this but I really need the account back to basic before the next billing cycle. 

Second update.  @Chic Aeon - My alt pulled her 512 sqm from the group donation and was able to immediately get a Linden Home - no waiting.  And I was then able to abandon the Linden Home and immediately add the tier donation back to the group.  Her Land Holdings section on the Account Summary still only shows a 'Peak usage' for the billing cycle of 512 sqm, so no US$ fee.

Additional notes - If I try to buy land that keeps the total tier less than the radio button selection (even if that is higher than I'm actually paying), the window that pops up does not say the purchase will increase my tier.  i.e radio button says $8, but current usage is actually only billing me $5, the pop up window says my billing will stay at $8 (which is the radio button amount but less than my true current billing).  If I try to buy land that would put my tier higher than the radio button, then the popup window does specifically say than my tier will increase.

2 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Second update.  @Chic Aeon - My alt pulled her 512 sqm from the group donation and was able to immediately get a Linden Home - no waiting.  And I was then able to abandon the Linden Home and immediately add the tier donation back to the group.  Her Land Holdings section on the Account Summary still only shows a 'Peak usage' for the billing cycle of 512 sqm, so no US$ fee.

OK So strange she had to wait a month with all those warning bells. A Linden Home was not an option, buying without paying more tier or even bidding at auction. Either things changed again or her account was messed up which I guess is possible.  

2 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Additional notes - If I try to buy land that keeps the total tier less than the radio button selection (even if that is higher than I'm actually paying), the window that pops up does not say the purchase will increase my tier.  i.e radio button says $8, but current usage is actually only billing me $5, the pop up window says my billing will stay at $8 (which is the radio button amount but less than my true current billing).  If I try to buy land that would put my tier higher than the radio button, then the popup window does specifically say than my tier will increase.

My only comment is that IN THE PAST (who knows now) upping your tier in that radio button selection caused you to have to pay that tier EVEN if you did not use that tier. I hope that doesn't happen to you for testing this out.  

It IS a minefield out there. I am not premium and I don't plan to be. I am a happy little renter who does need to go take copies of things tomorrow after redoing the store. Well maybe tonight. It won't take long.

Glad I remembered that. Thanks for the update. It doesn't solve my confusion, really only adds to it but THE EFFORT WAS GOOD!!!! 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2266 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.