Bento Animation HUD

Elfie Erin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2284 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello

I am working on making avatars and would like to add some animation functionality to them. For example, I'm trying to create a head with a movable jaw, controlled by a slider that goes from closed to fully open. The head is rigged to the bento bones, so what I'm trying to find out is if it is possible to control an animation in-world, frame by frame, or if I would have to cut the animation into individual animations for each frame, toggling between several animations along the slider to open and close the mouth (The latter option seeming quite wasteful).

Secondly, I am slightly perplexed by what LSL functions would allow me to create such a slider in the first place, so any advice in a more right direction would be much appreciated. I'm guessing it would be something along the lines of llDetectedTouchUV, but I would rather ask for help before trying to re-invent the wheel! :D

You'll have to ask animators about the best way to handle your main question.  As far as LSL is concerned, though, yes.  If I were constructing a HUD with slider controls, I would probably use one of the llDetectedTouch functions. You won't be able to click/hold/drag a slider that way, but you will certainly be able to click along the control bar and change settings, much the way that the speaker volume control on your Windows task bar works. Click, read position on the control bar, move a marker to that spot, and use the reading itself to control your animation.  It's that last step that you will need to discuss with an animator.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2284 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.