How much LI/Prim do you use ?

iamyourneighbour

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2254 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I typically use close to 75-250Ll per room. On average I rent around 1400 prims for myself on an empty lot to decorate a modest one bedroom home. (This includes the Ll of the house and landscaping). 

I tend to use a lot of prims because I like the look of a cluttered space versus empty space.

14 minutes ago, Nalytha said:

As much as I possibly can. Whatever the LI is... that's generally what I'm using. I rent from private estates and won't rent if it's less than 2x LI bonus. 

So you DO understand that a land bonus merely means that you get less land for your prims?  There are only so many prims that can be used in a sim (up to 30,000 now if people opt in to that). The bonus comes from making more roads, open areas that belong to everyone, water areas etc.  So it seems like looking at the cost per prim is a more logical measuring device when comparing rental lands. 

2x bonus on mainland when there is tier involved is certainly a good deal so far as paying tier is involved, but that comes with some hefty price tags for purchasing.  Just wanted to add that for new folks that might get confused over your statement. I have lived in RP areas that were 2x land and enjoyed it BECAUSE of the communal land areas and space between rezable plots, so there are some advantages, but one can easily just get a large piece of land and leave space around the edges for the same effect (sort of :D).

• Like 1

As little LI as possible my land is dual use so i can't afford to be extravagant on prim usage for my home platform, my current home takes up 81 prims then with a few exceptions all my furniture, decor & accessories is 1 prim/LI either outright or whilst not actively used. i would like to upgrade some of my furniture pieces to newer versions unfortunately all the things i've got my eye on where the original items came from have been in the "coming soon" section for at least 6 months

On 1/20/2018 at 1:34 AM, iamyourneighbour said:

For me under 50 I can setup a whole room with things I ever need, an empty lot maybe 100LI, just want to see how much LI people use to build their own place vs renting an existing room building?

Overall in my system, I don't think my tenants are using more than 75% of their prim allotment since the new 50% increase. The story of mesh is that it reduces prims and people don't need as much, so the 50% increase was a strange gift.

Sure, you can decorate a little newbie cabin with 25 prims or 50 prims or buy one of those things that rezzes out as a whole living room for one prim. But will it look good and get rented?

No, it will look like a$$. The cheap mesh sets for 30L Saturday sales or 50L on a regular day are crappy. That is, there will always be a market for $50 or $100 skyboxes filled with instant rezzed furni out of the box itself, or yard sale furniture you put in that cost you $50 or less, even. But I find that the cheapest seats in the house complain the most, and create the most trouble tickets precisely because of their tendency to grief and harass as unstable members of society (alts, day-olds, NPIOF) and because they are poor (although they might have a six-figure computer programming salary in RL) in SL and want to chisel and get fake refunds and such. So this has to be dealt with by a) having fewer of them b) enforcing your rules c) ignoring them. LL follows this same pattern, and we're reduced to following it as well.

I pride myself in making nice rooms, and charging for them accordingly, while also providing empty or low-prim areas for those who want to live for $50/75 prims. But I don't mind putting 100 prims of nice decorating in a rental I'll make only $50 a week from because the prims are available anyway on the group land, not used by those paying for full parcels. If I saw the sim filling up with them using their prims at 100%, I'd reduce my higher prim gatcha pretties in the cabins. But this never happens. It's like the way airlines overbook, I realize. But there is a reason why airlines do it -- people cancel and leave empty seats.

With the gatcha system, you can now go to virtually any event, spend $50 for one pull, or $250 for 5 pulls, and get yourself furniture to fill a rental and then maybe sell the rare house that isn't liveable because often people make "sculptures" not liveable homes, for the price of all your pulls and thus make your expenditure $0. To be sure, my estimate of recoup of costs for gatcha purchase is currently about 50% after a 3 month test study, so you can't be naive about this. But still, gatcha is a very cheap and low-prim way to fill up rentals, you just have to shop and look at the MP for exactly what you need, i.e. in your case industrial.

Nothing matters except occupancy, reputation, and finding the niche in the market that will keep your occupancy.

On 1/20/2018 at 10:25 AM, Chic Aeon said:

So you DO understand that a land bonus merely means that you get less land for your prims?  

Yes. I prefer smaller land mass but more LI. It’s just my style.

i take your point though. I could buy larger land with lower LI bonus but use borders and landscaping to make it seem smaller 

Edited by Nalytha

1166 out of 1350 on a 3600m² plot.

GRANTED I kind of went overboard with decorating, even with a underground theatre/cave system/train tunnel(IDK I WANTED IT BUT DONT NEED IT), fully furnished house with a bunch of random nicknacks laying about, bunch o' trees and plants, mesh terrain so I can hide undergroundness.

Then I have a skybox with WIP stuff in it.

my parcel is a mess. :(

• Haha 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2254 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.