Alpha Blending - Blankbox Canine Legs

FenrisSilverfang

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2281 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey there,

I got myself another mod for the kuroo body today and everything went quite smoothly till I got to the leg part.

It uses alpha blending by default and sometimes (zooming out and back in or simply interacting with another object recreates the problem) , the bit between the main body and the attached legs becomes transparent / invisible. Disabling the alpha modes makes the legs go perfectly up to the body , however the texture doesn't seem to stretch that far and then just ends in a blob of black pixels instead. I thought it may be possible to use photoshop or gimp to take away the alpha layer or stretch the texture slightly but i really don't know how to do that to be honest.

I was wondering if anyone knows any tricks to solve it , or would be willing to lend a hand  as I am not the most experienced when it comes to such things. Gonna try humbly asking the creator for any useful tips.

I'll enclose some pics so you get a better idea of what I'm referring to and a link to the texture file. Thanks a lot in advance btw.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7lw14cf595zer7h/AAAm8KXVO0sUykPIEGgC-eUTa?dl=0

Snapshot_067.png

Snapshot_068.png

Snapshot_069.png

There are a number of things that you can try, Fenris. Rather than just disabling alpha mode, select alpha masking and then play with the level of masking - it defaults at 0 which can give you that black edge. Start it around 50 and move the value up or down as looks best.

The other thing is to look at the texture on the upper leg. Make sure there is no alpha in that texture, as layering alpha enabled textures is a huge problem for proper rendering. Just setting that to no alpha, or playing with the levels of masking may help there.

Beyond that, you might need someone more familiar with the Kuroo body or that specific mod, but hopefully that's given you a start.

Edited by Peony Sweetwater
Clarity
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Peony Swee*****er said:

There are a number of things that you can try, Fenris. Rather than just disabling alpha mode, select alpha masking and then play with the level of masking - it defaults at 0 which can give you that black edge. Start it around 50 and move the value up or down as looks best.

The other thing is to look at the texture on the upper leg. Make sure there is no alpha in that texture, as layering alpha enabled textures is a huge problem for proper rendering. Just setting that to no alpha, or playing with the levels of masking may help there.

Beyond that, you might need someone more familiar with the Kuroo body or that specific mod, but hopefully that's given you a start.

Heeeey , thank you sooo much. Using Alpha masking and playing with that helped , even at 10 the black bit was cut off already and the leg attached nicely without any problems. I got so desperate yesterday i didn't realize the little box below when switching to masking that lets you set the level so it was stuck at 0 for me.

Snapshot_071.thumb.png.6df810a83f989ade65e357ecc58e292b.png

Makes me super happy now finally he's in top form :D

Snapshot_072.thumb.png.7ee338bd1a5ba781f1c787c4d735580f.png

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2281 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.