Age Restriction

FelineDreaming

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2261 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I keep getting kicked from destinations due to "not being old enough". I am confused due to the fact that my IRL age is 27, which I'm pretty sure is not underage for anything in most countries. Is it talking about my Second Life age? (which is only a couple of days) Or there misinformation somewhere and the system thinks I'm a lot younger than I am?

3 answers to this question

Well, you are only two days old, so that accounts for it.  If you are trying to enter Adult areas, you will find that many (most?) of them will routinely block anyone less than 30 days old.  It's nothing personal, as the Godfather said, just business.  The most juvenile griefers are brand new accounts, not yet bored or banned, so it's a good business move to keep them away.  So... wait a month, explore the rest of SL, and come back when you are a little older.

• Like 1

Yep, in SL you have two ages.

One is your Real Life age.  If you're under 18 in RL, you can't go to Moderate or Adult regions, or see content rated M or A.

Even if you are "of age" in RL, though, a lot of Adult places restrict access to avatars who are less than 30 or sometimes 60 days old.  This helps cut down on the people who create throw-away accounts simply to go cause trouble in such places.  Be patient, soon you will be "old enough" to visit these places.  In the meantime, there are lots of OTHER adult places that don't have this age restriction.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2261 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.