What's good about road side blocks?

iamyourneighbour

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2260 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Do you mean road-side parcels of land? Way back in the old days it was difficult to find a place to rez your car. Owning a parcel next to a road was a benefit that you could rez (and park) your car, motorcycle, whatever then just plop up to the road. Of course these days there are a lot of rez zone all over the grid so it's not that big a deal these days.

What everyone is looking for now is "protected waterfront" with direct access to Blake Sea. Even though every sim on the Blake has a giant rez zone on it. For some reason people want to live the rich-and-famous life: gigantic house with a yacht the size of an apartment building that they can jump into and head out without rezzing (though they rarely return to park it and just rez another). *laughs*

• Like 1

I feel more connected to the world when I can walk out and explore directly from where I'm living.  I've always ended up feeling hemmed in when I've had parcels that weren't connected to a road or waterway.  Even though I'm living on an estate sim right now, it's one with a lot of paths and waterways, and a little town area that I can walk to, so I can still walk around and feel connected to a larger community than just my own parcel.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2260 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.