Make CLPP less ridiculous

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2290 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have been looking into getting a private region setup right next to mainland, however the current CLPP (Community Land Partnership Program) requires a minimum holding of 10 regions, while I plan to have more than just one private region, having 10 regions setup all at once is kinda ludicrous, I mean, not everyone wants to run 655,350 sqm of land, even the more well known mutli region cities ie Insilico is only 4 sims in size.

Nothing against the fees included but I think the technical requirement aspect of it is out of scale, it's still living in the 2000's era where land is scarce, should LL lower the bar in terms of minimum regions required?

Edited by iamyourneighbour
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, iamyourneighbour said:

I have been looking into getting a private region setup right next to mainland, however the current CLPP (Community Land Partnership Program) requires a minimum holding of 10 regions, while I plan to have more than just one private region, having 10 regions setup all at once is kinda ludicrous, I mean, not everyone wants to run 655,350 sqm of land, even the more well known mutli region cities ie Insilico is only 4 sims in size.

Nothing against the fees included but I think the technical requirement aspect of it is out of scale, it's still living in the 2000's era where land is scarce, should LL lower the bar in terms of minimum regions required?

you don't háve to join your land to mainland... there's hardly a profit in that in my opinion , if people want to come... they will come by tp not walking.

If you keep your intention to connect to mainland, you'll have to meet the requirements i'm affraid.

As nearly all programs there are limits and rules, there will be always people get disapointed when not meet the requirements.

Think i can understand the landholding for a private community has to be substantial.

(land is scarce?.... there are several regions for sale... half of mainland is empty/abandoned)

2 hours ago, iamyourneighbour said:

As far as I can see, a remarkable amount of the Second Life land pricing system is meant to dissuade people from making land-ownership decisions they can't support. It's not uncommon to see new people saying, "I want to buy and private island and blah-blah-blah" when it's clear they haven't thought about how they're going to maintain it. I'm sure that's the reason for the set-up fee, for instance - someone savvy enough to run a private region successfully should be savvy enough to realize they can probably buy someone else's region that they no longer want, saving the Lab the nuisance of having to create a new region and delete an old region.

I live on the Mainland, which is the graveyard of Great Ideas that aren't thought out. I see grandiose, empty builds go up and then get shut down around me, often in a period of months.

If it was easy to join one or two regions to the mainland it would attract people who have some unworkable "plan" to pay for these regions, and growths off of the Mainland would sprout and die constantly. I'm not saying that your plan is unworkable, of course - it's the other nine in every ten people who want to do the same thing that the Lab is trying to ward off.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2290 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.