Underwear worn on Clothes Layer?

Xxhollyhb

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2126 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

If you're talking system clothes, add the underwear first, and the leggings second. You can edit the order of the layers somehow but, I haven't used a system avatar for a long time so I don't quite remember.

If you want the underwear to be under the leggings take off the leggings then put them on going right click and select add or if the creator included the underwear on multiple different layers try putting your undies on using the underwear layers they look like a vest and knickers and have your leggings on the trousers layer 

Are these mesh garments, system layer garments (for the system body), or applier garments (for a mesh body)?

If they are mesh, then what you can probably do is to wear one of them in a fitmesh size and the other in a fixed size, then adjust your shape (which the fitmesh garment will follow, but not the fixed one) until it looks right, including when you move.

If they are system layer garments, then follow Orwar's advice.

If they are applier garments, then use your mesh body's HUD and/or the applier HUD to apply them to different layers. You might need to enable "mask mode" in the HUD to get it looking right.

• Like 1

You can layer mesh believe it or not. A lot of mesh is a few pixels away from the skin which leaves room to put something under it. It would take a bit of luck but its possible and if that fails you can always do an applier.

Funny story: I put together an outfit where I was wearing fishnets as leggings. Sometimes creators put a pair of panties in the box or they come built in. Well these didn’t so I was standing there with my cooter out. I was going to just do appliers, but I tried mesh panties for some reason they fit! Then surprisingly, I couldn’t find a pair of boots to fit over the fishnets without sticking out in spots. 

You can mix and match surprising things sometimes.

• 4 months later...

I have the same problem.
Bought a maitreya body, and not even all clothes fit right. Some let parts of the body showing. Quite a lot more that I was expecting to happen.
So I eventually try a lot of demos, to only buy a couple of things, and sometimes it makes me sad as some that I have to trash are really beautifull.
As for underwear under the clothes, only a few could fit right. Unless those that go like a tattoo.
I'm new in SL, so not sure if there is anything else to do.
Btw, when we change outfit, does the tattoo layers change too? And how do I remove a single tattoo?

On 1/15/2018 at 5:04 PM, Xxhollyhb said:

I'm 95% sure they're both fitmesh. The good news is I think I found some applier underwear so I'll try that. Thanks for the quick replies all.

The challenge when both are fitted mesh is they have to be designed to work together. Otherwise, you'll have poke-through problems. The mesh body alpha layers won't help.

When you have multiple Applier items on various body layers you can run into alpha layering issues. You'll find blending options in the body's HUD. Changing those settings usually resolves the problem.

38 minutes ago, khry5 said:

I have the same problem.
Bought a maitreya body, and not even all clothes fit right. Some let parts of the body showing. Quite a lot more that I was expecting to happen.

this is normal for using mesh bodies... you need the alphahud for that to hide bodyparts while wearing clothes.

(and the  the info as Nalates just posted)

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, khry5 said:

Btw, when we change outfit, does the tattoo layers change too? And how do I remove a single tattoo?

Tattoos stay on the body until you either replace them or hide/remove them using the Layers page of the Maitreya HUD. If you have a tattoo you want to wear regularly but not all the time, you could of course use the HUD to show/hide it each time you change outfit, but another way is to make a copy of your body, apply the tattoo to one of them, and include the appropriate copy of the body in each outfit. That way you won't have to fiddle with the HUD every time you change your outfit.

Edited by angeoco
  • Thanks 2

SL mesh is really not good to layer. I know some will roleplay that they live in RL. In RL you would always put underwear under leggings. In SL it is unpractical and it does nothing to improve the leggings. (like camel toe issues)

For underwear I only use it when I wear dresses and can't/won't alpha out the crotch.

Wearing cute bras under shirts with deep openings, that's something I miss. Even appliers often clip through. Only thing that works is if the mesh shirt includes bra options made just for that shirt.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2126 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.