Exporting with Avastar fails

Raystorm Aeon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2282 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have this detailed character that i've cut into parts to fit the vertexes limit. Only the head and the left chest got exported. The rest of the parts gives me errors like:

"HandPinky0Left" not into the list

"HandThumb0Left" not into the list

"HandMiddle0Left" not into the list

1 specific error per 1 part

Then there are the right side errors which are the same errors only "Left" is replaced with "Right".

Check the vertex groups. I don't know for sure, but Avastar might be telling you that you have extraneous vertex groups that would prevent the mesh from uploading as skinned. First of all, vertex groups for regular joints should always begin with "m", so in your case

On 1/16/2018 at 12:00 AM, Raystorm Aeon said:

"HandPinky0Left" not into the list

should be like mHandPinky0Left, BUT there's no zero joint in the bento skeleton, the first joint in that chain is mHandPinky1Left. So that's what i think you should be hunting down:

check whether you have these vertex groups in the same format as this mHandPinky1Left;

if you do have these, delete the ones that earlier got you the error

if you do NOT have those, but it looks like it's a naming mistake, just rename accordingly.

1 hour ago, OptimoMaximo said:

Check the vertex groups. I don't know for sure, but Avastar might be telling you that you have extraneous vertex groups that would prevent the mesh from uploading as skinned. First of all, vertex groups for regular joints should always begin with "m", so in your case

should be like mHandPinky0Left, BUT there's no zero joint in the bento skeleton, the first joint in that chain is mHandPinky1Left. So that's what i think you should be hunting down:

check whether you have these vertex groups in the same format as this mHandPinky1Left;

if you do have these, delete the ones that earlier got you the error

if you do NOT have those, but it looks like it's a naming mistake, just rename accordingly.

Thank you. I deleted the vertexes shown. It works now.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2282 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.