How do I change "Blank" texture back to default white?

Akenaa

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2290 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I don't know what happened but out of nowhere my default white texture is gone and replaced by what it seems a skin texture perhaps? How did this happen? I never really play around with the options or textures so I highly doubt it's my fault although it could've been my fault, either way, I am looking for a solution not who or what to blame :) any idea how to achieve this? Googling around I came across with 2 old topics with a similar issue. Some of the replies was to do a clean install of firestorm, I did that twice already, also updated my drivers but I don't think it's my computer's drivers fault is it? since the white texture got replaced by some skin texture but yeah I am no expert so I wouldn't know, any ideas? thanks in advance. 

https://i.imgur.com/EYL7zB2.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/ZNQJSAb.jpg

7 answers to this question

"Blank" texture (UUID = 5748decc-f629-461c-9a36-a35a221fe21f ) is the default white texture. I'm not quite sure what you are trying to apply it to, but this image of yours

41ea441e88ac1b814d457c101c52cb50.png

displays the Blank button, which should apply the BLANK texture to your object.  If not, you see that it also displays the folder for your inventory's Library, which contains a subfolder of textures, which includes the BLANK texture.

Your other image shows the Maitreya HUD.  If that's the place you're concerned about, why not just grab a fresh copy of the Maitreya body and HUD from your Body Parts inventory folder (or wherever you saved it), and use them instead?

3 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

"Blank" texture (UUID = 5748decc-f629-461c-9a36-a35a221fe21f ) is the default white texture. I'm not quite sure what you are trying to apply it to, but this image of yours

41ea441e88ac1b814d457c101c52cb50.png

displays the Blank button, which should apply the BLANK texture to your object.  If not, you see that it also displays the folder for your inventory's Library, which contains a subfolder of textures, which includes the BLANK texture.

Your other image shows the Maitreya HUD.  If that's the place you're concerned about, why not just grab a fresh copy of the Maitreya body and HUD from your Body Parts inventory folder (or wherever you saved it), and use them instead?

That's the thing, clicking on the "blank" button doesn't apply the white, it applies that weird looking face and I was showing the Maitreya HUD because anything that uses the white texture got replaced by this weird face hence why you can see it in the HUD, if I grab a fresh copy of the HUD it shows the same thing since the "blank" texture is gone and replaced by that texture. Also, I checked that Library > Textures folder and I don't see any white texture, just folders containing textures for wood, waterfalls, rocks, etc. and 3 single files out of those folders "*Default transparent texture, *Default Media Texture and White - Transparent" 

Ah, you're right about that texture folder in your Library. Darn.

Try this, just as a sanity check .... Rez a brand new prim and texture it BLANK, replacing its default plywood texture.  If that fails, then the problem is in your viewer.  I have absolutely no idea how that could happen, but at least the solution should be to do a clean install of the viewer.

If the sanity test succeeds, then your viewer is fine and the problem is in the Maitreya HUD or your Maitreya body.  (That weird looking face is your own face, BTW. I have no idea how you applied it there.)  If it has been corrupted, only that single copy should be affected.  If you go back to the original -- the one you bought from Maitreya and kept safely off to one side, untouched all this time --  it should be completely clean.  If not, then all I can suggest is to go back to Maitreya and use their redelivery terminal to get a brand new one.

39 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

Instructions are all here

Your viewer does seem to be corrupted. A clean install should fix things, because it will replace all of the cached textures as well as the XML files that contain all of your settings.

This did the trick, thank you :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2290 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.