Fionne Burleigh

Map Link Creator Borked?

Okay, I know I was gone for a long time, but back in the day (LOL) the Map Link creator page worked. Now it doesn't seem to. The directions are pretty straight forward, but if I'm doing something wrong, I'd appreciate some guidance. Thanks!

30 minutes ago, Fionne Burleigh said:

Map Link creator page

I am not familiar with that.

Any time I need to make a SLURL, I use the Map feature in world.  Move the map ti the sim, set X, Y and Z coords and click "copy to clipboard" -- or is it "Copy SLURL" maybe?  I'm not sure right off the top of my head.

1 hour ago, Fionne Burleigh said:

Okay, I know I was gone for a long time, but back in the day (LOL) the Map Link creator page worked. Now it doesn't seem to. The directions are pretty straight forward, but if I'm doing something wrong, I'd appreciate some guidance. Thanks!

Link to said page maybe?

Wow, in all my years of SL, I never knew about that.  The only time I ever even go to that map page is when I click a SLURL from some blog / web post.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Wow, in all my years of SL, I never knew about that.  The only time I ever even go to that map page is when I click a SLURL from some blog / web post.

That's the much newer version of the original map, which was often broken and very, very slow. I generally create a SLURL myself or use the in-world map, but someone posted (in Answers, I think) recently to say that search doesn't work in the current Maps page. He'd been trying to find one of Skye's regions, but it came up as not found. I found the page and played with it. The Maps page only searches in "SL Places" and "SL Events", so most regions don't show up. You could use the Create a link thing to create a link to the region you're searching for, then use that URL to go to it on the map, but to me that's not worth the trouble. An option to search everywhere ("World") would be good.