Sign in to follow this  
Orwar

Communities for Satanism & philosophy in general

Recently there was a thread regarding bible studies, which made me ponder what other beliefs and philosophies are represented in Second Life. Now, I've been part of the 'The Satanic Temple SL Branch' for quite a while, but it's been dead air for months. 

Does anyone know of any groups or communities that actively discuss LaVey's satanism, or philosophies in general?

I've been an intrigued observer for some time, but living out in the middle of nowhere there is no local coven I could turn to for further information. 

If there are no such communities, are there any individuals who would be interested in creating one? 

I'm primarily interested in exploring the philosophies, and discussing them with other people who are equally interested; I'm also interested in discussing and exploring other philosophies such as Cynicism, Stoicism and Epicureanism.

Not 'really' looking for practical deity-worshiping cults, but if there are such around I'd be intrigued to hear their views, too.

• Like 2

I know I always keep an eye out for different religious groups that focus on philosophy rather than practice (I am for learning philosophy and history of a religion than practical practices of it.). I am Pagan myself with an interest in all religions, and belief systems. However, anytime you either bring up what you personally believe or that you are not interested in learning what is required via the religion or things like that, it seems they clam up or like you have found the groups do not exist. 

I wish you luck in your search and if you find any interesting discussion groups shoot me an im with them, I am always interested in things like that!

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Orwar said:

Recently there was a thread regarding bible studies, which made me ponder what other beliefs and philosophies are represented in Second Life. Now, I've been part of the 'The Satanic Temple SL Branch' for quite a while, but it's been dead air for months. 

Does anyone know of any groups or communities that actively discuss LaVey's satanism, or philosophies in general?

I've been an intrigued observer for some time, but living out in the middle of nowhere there is no local coven I could turn to for further information. 

If there are no such communities, are there any individuals who would be interested in creating one? 

I'm primarily interested in exploring the philosophies, and discussing them with other people who are equally interested; I'm also interested in discussing and exploring other philosophies such as Cynicism, Stoicism and Epicureanism.

Not 'really' looking for practical deity-worshiping cults, but if there are such around I'd be intrigued to hear their views, too.

why would anyone want to join a church thats based on the negative of another religion?

in answer to your question however i do know of one group of active satanists

i can post a link to their sim when im at home

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

Here you go, the owner has weekly discussions on Satanism, and does rituals too

Thank you, I'll have a look!

On 14-1-2018 at 3:33 PM, BilliJo Aldrin said:

why would anyone want to join a church thats based on the negative of another religion?

Its not based on Satan, it only uses the name (I believe mostly to object against Christian religion). They actually are firm "believers" that there is no supernatural/deity/afterlife and are focused on materialism and "self worship". I am far from an expert though, just read some stuff on a different forum quite a while ago.

Very interesting, but I find every religion interesting. Am atheist myself.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Zeta Vandyke said:

Its not based on Satan, it only uses the name (I believe mostly to object against Christian religion). They actually are firm "believers" that there is no supernatural/deity/afterlife and are focused on materialism and "self worship".

Yes, the philosophy (I personally don't often call it a 'religion', and a lot of people don't) is very self-serving, which in many ways contradicts the virtues of Christianity. That doesn't mean one is mean or ill-willing towards others by default. It does suggest an eye for an eye, as opposed to turning the other cheek, though.

Satan is a metaphor for our own, carnal being. Not a supernatural entity of evil who likes prodding people with pitchforks.

• Like 3

I don't do Satanism but it but stuff only in the light of good but very different things I learned in first life from co mason but every one has there ways and freewill. I am truly not religious but learned a few years ago all the symbols all religions in one only on positive with love and light. When I became Master Teacher in energy healing in first life. One of the Teachers was co mason has shirt he has was co mason but he told me about the all the symbols on shirt in a circle in all religion that we are all in one in the universe truly woke me up I grow up believing other things. I am not co mason but I truly go by we are all in one. I do believe the angels and God with the universe asking in meditation to help when I have to heal someone with energy or myself. Staying in the light with love and light and positive ways. Before all of this I learn having psychic intelligence and in reading the book psychic intelligence learning the 4 clairs being able to read others also helped me to find myself later with being a Master Teacher. I became also Exorcist another thing I do getting rid of ghost not using any tools just natural ways as priest would with vortex. Everyone has abilities but they truly have to allow it. But it takes meditation using your intuition and visualization being positive and grow. But everyone has there freewill this what I go by I don't go to a church i just follow what I know.

Thing that helped me with trust being taught as Master Teacher that energy is earned not given.

P.S I also learned that I do not worship anything we all are goddess and kings in the light being helpers and getting guided from ascended masters with answers.

But do what ever your heart takes you your freewill what you believe but your freewill but do it out of love with positive energy in the light. But you have your own way or what ever your knowledge brings forth.

Also love and light is inside of us we are energy and all around us and in the universe. Being loving and value yourself and others keep positive only allow the light in keep away the negative. But have Boundaries you can always try to help someone with advice does mean you have to give them anything. I ask the God and the angels with the universe and always thank them for there help.

Some people work with the darkness  and light there still good in darkness and in light if it done right but there freewill I just stay in the light. 
Keeping the positive people around you that care and encourage you you share each other knowledge keeping away from negative we can only help them so much they have to be willing to listen but if they can't you have to send on there way wish the the best we can only do so much for others. 

tumblr_p1g41dPNub1wdnxxyo1_400.jpg

Edited by Dreamerra

@Dreamerra - I'm glad you've found a path that suits you, whatever that may be. I'm no priest, and the satanic philosophy isn't evangelic; I have friends in heathens and papists alike and I have no intentions of leading them astray from the paths they have chosen. I can debate them in philosophical issues, but we are aware that we cannot all think alike at all times, and that in challenging each other we provoke thought and reflection that either withers or reinforces our perspective, and that it is crucial to any rational mind to allow itself to be challenged for the sake of our personal development.

We're also aware that the basis for a healthy friendship is to stand above ones' differences, to have a mutual trust and respect in the other for the individual they are, regardless of what they are pro or anti. To surround oneself only with like minded people, is to doom oneself to narrow minded zeal - as is so often the case with politically radical youths. 

Thank you for sharing your perspective. It may not be one I can fully understand or relate to, but it's interesting to hear nonetheless. 

On 1/14/2018 at 8:33 AM, BilliJo Aldrin said:

This makes me wonder about the popularity of Christian churches. Great point, Billi!!! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I would love to discuss these things with you Orwar, and be very much interested in a group setting as well. 

2 minutes ago, Nalytha said:

I would love to discuss these things with you Orwar, and be very much interested in a group setting as well. 

Excellent, I'll contact you in-world in a little bit!

It's been my experience that 100% of the people I've met in SL are not comfortable with voice for some reason. I feel like a group like this would be perfect for Discord though. Just a thought. 

8 minutes ago, Nalytha said:

It's been my experience that 100% of the people I've met in SL are not comfortable with voice for some reason. I feel like a group like this would be perfect for Discord though. Just a thought. 

I hear voicing quite often in furry clubs.

3 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I hear voicing quite often in furry clubs.

Maybe I need to buy a furry avatar =/

Just now, Love Zhaoying said:

Mostly gay "young-sounding" men, if you're into that.

Well... crap. I won't fit in there either. This probably deserves its own thread, but one of my favorite things about MMOs is the community, and particularly how the community embraces voice chat. Discord in particular as it has even extra features to keep you connected. 

However, saying that... I must always remind myself "When in Rome." As many here point out over and over, SL is not lumped into the gaming community to many people. So I have to remember to adjust accordingly. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

What is Christianity the negative of?

I can't tell if you are being serious. 

Just now, BilliJo Aldrin said:

I am being serious, share please

You are either being intentionally obtuse; or you are part of the most open minded, embracing, non bible literalist sects of Christianity. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Nalytha said:

However, saying that... I must always remind myself "When in Rome." As many here point out over and over, SL is not lumped into the gaming community to many people. So I have to remember to adjust accordingly. 

Voice was a relatively recent addition to SL and goes against SL's early culture. There was a strong taboo against asking people for RL information of any sort. I know voice is used fairly often in some locations and SL communities, but many people don't like the idea of it. SL is also unlike most MMOs in that there's not much commonality among SL's various communities. There's no single game that we're all playing.

2 minutes ago, Parhelion Palou said:

SL is also unlike most MMOs in that there's not much commonality among SL's various communities. There's no single game that we're all playing.

True, but there are many sims and groups that share a commonality. Many even have 'regulars,' just like the traditional idea of MMO guilds. Discord is ideal because it gives you a place not only to talk about the game in voice, but communicate when you are offline through chat. Plus... memes... oh the memes....

Edited by Nalytha

1 minute ago, Nalytha said:

You are either being intentionally obtuse; or you are part of the most open minded, embracing, non bible literalist sects of Christianity. 

I didn't ask you to insult me, i just asked what religion Christianity is the negative of.

*having a feeling this discussion should end before it starts*

• Haha 1