How to connect to sl with CyberGhost 2017

Serenis

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2286 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

So far i have found no question as such or answers for such issue, im guessing not many use sl with vpn, but i would like to know why my client which is firestorm. doesn't connect to sl with cyberghost or any vpn for that matter?? Altough i bet you would tell me something like "go ask them"  im pretty sure the same issue is with the normal client as well.

Edited by Serenis

8 answers to this question

44 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

You are probably right.  There may be information here that you can use, though:

Most of the info listed there, which were all tested, doesn't seem to fit the criteria with the software i'm using, unless perhaps i'm not that experienced to exploit the benefits of virtual common sense. Besides, i don't believe vpn could have any connection with my firewall properties, as i only use windows firewall, but that isn't blocking the vpn or the sl client at all. Thanx anyway.

Edited by Serenis

Hi, the SL client needs a direct connection to the servers. VPN´s kind of resend packets and delay them this would make the client think the connection is unstable and cut the connection.

Even if you can connect, it wouldn´t last long.

"Normal" internet use is ok but i think most/all online-games (real-time) having troubles with vpn.

Monti

Why is this issue solution so inexistent?!  Is this really that taboo?! I'm using my vpn for other purposes but i tend to log in sl every once in a while, besides i hate the concept that ur isp knows absoutely everything ure doing, so i'm using vpn for basic usage, i don't like knowing that i'm unable to enjoy a free browsing on the internet regardless of what my activity is, i simply feel spied constantly. Call it paranoia, but it feels like *****, even if i never done anything illegal. Yet here i am with some modern game interfering with my anti paranoia solution. And no, not all modern games have issues with vpn, so far only sl has proven to be anti vpn, most of the modern ones that i have been testing, mostly all check out compatible, so this is injustice to make sl such an annoying issue. I mean don't even start with the "if u have nothing illegal to hide crap" i don't *****ing care, i don't want to even think of the possibility to be spied on my personal online experience.

Edited by Serenis

On 1/13/2018 at 2:41 AM, Monti Messmer said:

Hi, the SL client needs a direct connection to the servers. VPN´s kind of resend packets and delay them this would make the client think the connection is unstable and cut the connection.

Even if you can connect, it wouldn´t last long.

"Normal" internet use is ok but i think most/all online-games (real-time) having troubles with vpn.

Monti

VPN slows me down. I tried to see if there was any chance of improving FPS only to find it makes the lag worse.

17 minutes ago, Serenis said:

And no, not all modern games have issues with vpn, so far only sl has proven to be anti vpn, most of the modern ones that i have been testing, mostly all check out compatible, so this is injustice to make sl such an annoying issue

Don't take it personally. As Monti explained quite well, a VPN has to grab and resend packets of information. That means your viewer and the LL servers will get out of sync very easily. In MMO games you may have tried, that's not a big deal, because almost all of the action takes place on your own computer.  SL works by maintaining a continual two-way stream between your viewer and the servers, though. If there's much of a delay, the connection breaks.  If you want to stay anonymous with a VPN, it sounds like SL's not going to work for you.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2286 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.