Has anybody else noticed this?

ChinRey

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2282 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Sorry about the non-title, I couldn't think of a proper one. ;)

I'm busy updating my graden and landscape store at the moment and I notice something I've seen in before too. My new listings haven't sold at all yet but many of the old ones are picking up. Total sales for that store has actually doubled the last few days.

Is that how it usually is?

1 hour ago, Pamela Galli said:

January is always my top month. 

Yes, that too but I've seen the same before at all times of years and although my other stores have increased sales too, their boost aren't anywhere near what the one I'm actively updating this week has achieved.

26 minutes ago, Pamela Galli said:

except that warm months they overall buy less, the colder the more they buy. 

That's because everything expands with heath and shrinks with cold so the money is bigger in summer and people can afford to buy mor...

No wait, that would have been the other way round, wouldn't it?

It's just another of those inexplicable phenomena then.

5 hours ago, Pamela Galli said:

Maybe some billionaire will use their tax cut to come shopping in SL.:SwingingFriends:

Don't think you actually need to be billionaire in a real sense, if you do your tax right you should claim quite a bit of tax back considering US tax laws allows more deductions in the big money categories. The influx of sales is likely from tax refunds post financial year. 

Most of the tax reduction strategies are actually easier to perform and provides more benefit at five figure income level, particularly ones involving offshore entities, but I will not go into that topic.

I get about $4000-5000 back on tax every financial year in Australia. If I could go by the US tax rules I can probably claim twice as much, in Australia you can notice the same trend of people spending every dollar of their tax refund around July as well. 

Edited by iamyourneighbour

On 1/11/2018 at 1:12 PM, Pamela Galli said:

January is always my top month. 

Most people are paying credit card bills at the end of January for their shopping for Christmas presents in RL and for that matter in SL.

So that means that some people shrink their buying in SL. One merchant's anecdotal claim that it's their top month in their line of business for their particular store doesn't mean it is the case for everyone.

I find rentals drop in January because people are reluctant to incur recurring monthly fees at a time they are feeling poor with RL bills. But they might also rent snow more or beach more for getaways, so it's complex.

There's another phenomenon which is when there are times of poverty and distress in general, such as the Recession, people buy entertainment more to escape, or they are unemployed, or to reward themselves for hardship. So an SL type of entertainment may increase.

Some people are conditioned by RL to go to "January white sales" so they might instinctively go out shopping in SL looking if not for sheets, a chair or dress.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2282 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.