Hiya I don't know why I can't log in

ashlynkilane

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2293 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Sorry to bother everybody on this community, but I've been having trouble logging in for a whole night, and last night my time, I couldn't teleport.

1. I don't think I get banned by LL because I don't have any report and such e-mails

2. I can still log in my alt, I just can't log in my main avi no matter how many times I try, I've been trying hard to log in for hours ....

3. SL is not under maintenance right now

What would this be if it's not report nor maintenance (I just checked the status grid) .... anyone can help? :'(,  I just feel frustrated I've been spending much money on my account, idk what I have done so that I can not log in my account. I also tried restarting my laptop and router.... it just doesn't help.

Just now I finally logged in BUT....then I crashed again

9 answers to this question

What actually happens when you try to login the affected account?
Do you get any login error message or does the login just hang?  If it hangs, what do you see on the screen at the stage it hangs?
If only one account is affected then that suggests the problem may be an inventory issue on the affected account - possibly a large, flat inventory causing the login to time out.
If you are logging your affected account & the alt into dofferent regions, maybe the region you are logging the affected account into is sick.  Try logging into another region.

@Whirly Fizzle

Thanks for your reply

I just tried few times and I can log in now, however, I still have difficulty logging in normally as before

Earlier I had been stuck like this for hours

https://gyazo.com/aa4e666fbc1af97a14e707612e96083d

Just it keeped showing me "Logging in..." but it didn't proceed at all, I have no idea why this happened because I could log in my alt normally.

It's weird because right now this same thing is happening to me again....at the same time since three days ago

can anyone please offer me solutions, this is really really frustrating that I just cannot log in my account for no reasons....

Edited by ashlynkilane

Did you check the things Whirly suggested?

1.  The next time you do manage to log in, change your outfit to one of the starter avatars.  If that solves the problem, the issue was something you were wearing.  Put your normal things on one item at a time and see if any problems arise.

2.  Your inventory may be too "flat"...that is, it has only a few folders, with thousands of items in them.  Re-arrange your inventory to use more sub-folders to organize your collection of Stuff.

20 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

1.  The next time you do manage to log in, change your outfit to one of the starter avatars.  If that solves the problem, the issue was something you were wearing.  Put your normal things on one item at a time and see if any problems arise.

2.  Your inventory may be too "flat"...that is, it has only a few folders, with thousands of items in them.  Re-arrange your inventory to use more sub-folders to organize your collection of Stuff.

1. My inventory is not flat, I've got a lot of sub-folders to organize my inventory, this has been happening for 4 days, every day when it's my 9 pm I have difficulty logging in and right now it just happens again, I couldn't rez things, I couldn't use my HUD and couldn't talk to people, then I crashed and can't log in again ~~ the first time this happened, I managed to log in after an hour after hundreds of trying.

2. I don't think what I'm wearing is abnormal, and I never accept stranger's stuff, either. But not yet I haven't tried that method. I'm still trying to log in right now, I don't think I really can tonight.

20 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

You know what's more weird..........

I just created a new avatar and I cannot log in my new one, either  (just as a test if I cannot use my main acc only)

1 hour ago, ashlynkilane said:

this has been happening for 4 days, every day when it's my 9 pm I have difficulty logging in and right now it just happens again,

That makes it sound pretty much like a local problem with your ISP. Maybe they are doing maintenance about that time every day?  Or maybe they have a routine (or a big-time bandwidth user) that's hogging resources? Or maybe it's something simpler and much closer to home --- like your next door neighbor with a big shortwave radio messing up your wifi router.

You are not telling us enough about the problem. First start with machine and software details. Use the viewer's Help->About... to collect the information and post it here.

This type of problem is often a connection issue. So, test your connection to the SL servers. A good general Internet connection does not mean you have a good connection to SL.

Are you connecting from home, work, school... where?

Are you on wifi, cable, DSL, or satellite? 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2293 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.