Jump to content
Dillon Levenque

A Derail Thread

Recommended Posts

Sorry peoples, I was just teasing a bit with deliberately misconstrued words...this is the derail thread? 

Edited by Fauve Aeon
Derail, not detail, I said what I meant Mr Autocorrect...and I mean what I say!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Fauve Aeon said:

Sorry peoples, I was just teasing a bit with deliberately misconstrued words...this is the derail thread? 

Then, you're doing it right! 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As I think I commented here quite a while ago, you have a right to be right (or wrong, for that matter).  If you are wrong and don't correct the error, however, you may be left behind -- which is not right but to be expected.  Still, be upright and downright righteous. Go forward, and be sure to back up your side.  Do as you chose, and almost everything will turn out right.  And the stuff that's left will be wrong.  Right?  ( Once again, from the top .... )  😵

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

As I think I commented here quite a while ago, you have a right to be right (or wrong, for that matter).  If you are wrong and don't correct the error, however, you may be left behind -- which is not right but to be expected.  Still, be upright and downright righteous. Go forward, and be sure to back up your side.  Do as you chose, and almost everything will turn out right.  And the stuff that's left will be wrong.  Right?  ( Once again, from the top .... )  😵

Do what to my backside?

3BEBA300-2FBF-4967-B627-06BF08479F11.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rolig Loon said:

As I think I commented here quite a while ago, you have a right to be right (or wrong, for that matter).  If you are wrong and don't correct the error, however, you may be left behind -- which is not right but to be expected.  Still, be upright and downright righteous. Go forward, and be sure to back up your side.  Do as you chose, and almost everything will turn out right.  And the stuff that's left will be wrong.  Right?  ( Once again, from the top .... )  😵

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wasn't sure where to post this, so I decided to dig this thread up. It's only been resting for a month, so not really a dead thread yet - especially given its topic.

@Cindy Evanier - Saw this today and just immediately thought of you and cracked up laughing

image.png.4bec6dba0096bf98315ff8397edfa9a3.png

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Amina Sopwith said:

Fish.

I see your fish and raise you one octopus. 🐙

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Rolig Loon said:

I see your fish and raise you one octopus. 🐙

Artichoke.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/12/2019 at 1:56 PM, Love Zhaoying said:

Then, you're doing it right! 

Actually, she did it left.  But that was right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I learned something wonderful today. The most replaced book in the Milwaukee County Federated Library System (because people check them out but never return them) is...

The Bible.

Apparently a lot of people who check out that book never read it.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

I learned something wonderful today. The most replaced book in the Milwaukee County Federated Library System (because people check them out but never return them) is...

The Bible.

Apparently a lot of people who check out that book never read it.

can imagine it

like penitent turns up at pearly gates. St Peter goes: Hmm! says here that you pinched a bible from the Milwaukee County Library. Whats with that ?

penitent goes: umm! yessss buuut I repented my sin of pinching it. Can ask the priest at St Agathe church. Annd I paid a tithe to the church to help wash away my sin like the priest suggested

St Peter goes: that's the least of your troubles.  I am give you a test

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For some reason, suddenly the science fiction classic "Flowers for Algernon" by Daniel Keys popped up into my head.  If you haven't read it...

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/36576608-flowers-for-algernon

It was also made into a movie in 1968, and the movie was surprisingly true to the story, and also surprisingly good on its own merits.  See: Charly

There have been a couple of recent remakes as well, but I have not seen them.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree.  That was a wonderful book, heartwrenching even.  I hadn't thought about it for years.  Now I have to go back and read it again.  Thanks, Lindal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mad Magazine did a nice sendup of Charly when I was too young for the book or the movie. Think I read / saw both in later years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How to Avoid the Plague, 1494

print of six people and a cat attending to a patient in bed

We must guard ourselves against anger, sadness, fear, worry, and pensiveness, but we should amuse ourselves and take pleasure in sweet songs, entertaining stories, and other similar things.

We should abstain from sex, if not completely, then mostly, and in such times it is not good to take a wife in marriage. Also, it is not good to have political conversations, that is, conversations about civic affairs, especially with people who are ill, or those who are prone to illness.

Pietro da Tossignano, Consiglio per la peste

Spittle-flecked political conversations: a suspected cause of contagion since the 15th century.

  • Like 4
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You never know (actually remember) what you've found on the youtube (or some other website but showing a youtube video), like 6 years ago. (just had to write something here, and was checking some of my bookmarks)

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/26/2020 at 7:35 PM, kali Wylder said:

How to Avoid the Plague, 1494

print of six people and a cat attending to a patient in bed

We must guard ourselves against anger, sadness, fear, worry, and pensiveness, but we should amuse ourselves and take pleasure in sweet songs, entertaining stories, and other similar things.

We should abstain from sex, if not completely, then mostly, and in such times it is not good to take a wife in marriage. Also, it is not good to have political conversations, that is, conversations about civic affairs, especially with people who are ill, or those who are prone to illness.

Pietro da Tossignano, Consiglio per la peste

Spittle-flecked political conversations: a suspected cause of contagion since the 15th century.

Wait..is this the source of our modern Forum rules? I avoid engaging the ill..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Wait..is this the source of our modern Forum rules? I avoid engaging the ill..

I know you didn't ask me. No, i don't think the forum rules tell to avoid people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...