A Derail Thread

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 732 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Sorry peoples, I was just teasing a bit with deliberately misconstrued words...this is the derail thread? 

Edited by Fauve Aeon
Derail, not detail, I said what I meant Mr Autocorrect...and I mean what I say!

As I think I commented here quite a while ago, you have a right to be right (or wrong, for that matter).  If you are wrong and don't correct the error, however, you may be left behind -- which is not right but to be expected.  Still, be upright and downright righteous. Go forward, and be sure to back up your side.  Do as you chose, and almost everything will turn out right.  And the stuff that's left will be wrong.  Right?  ( Once again, from the top .... )  😵

35 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

As I think I commented here quite a while ago, you have a right to be right (or wrong, for that matter).  If you are wrong and don't correct the error, however, you may be left behind -- which is not right but to be expected.  Still, be upright and downright righteous. Go forward, and be sure to back up your side.  Do as you chose, and almost everything will turn out right.  And the stuff that's left will be wrong.  Right?  ( Once again, from the top .... )  😵

Do what to my backside?

3BEBA300-2FBF-4967-B627-06BF08479F11.jpeg

2 hours ago, Rolig Loon said:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

I learned something wonderful today. The most replaced book in the Milwaukee County Federated Library System (because people check them out but never return them) is...

The Bible.

Apparently a lot of people who check out that book never read it.

can imagine it

like penitent turns up at pearly gates. St Peter goes: Hmm! says here that you pinched a bible from the Milwaukee County Library. Whats with that ?

penitent goes: umm! yessss buuut I repented my sin of pinching it. Can ask the priest at St Agathe church. Annd I paid a tithe to the church to help wash away my sin like the priest suggested

St Peter goes: that's the least of your troubles.  I am give you a test

• Like 2

For some reason, suddenly the science fiction classic "Flowers for Algernon" by Daniel Keys popped up into my head.  If you haven't read it...

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/36576608-flowers-for-algernon

It was also made into a movie in 1968, and the movie was surprisingly true to the story, and also surprisingly good on its own merits.  See: Charly

There have been a couple of recent remakes as well, but I have not seen them.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

How to Avoid the Plague, 1494

print of six people and a cat attending to a patient in bed

We must guard ourselves against anger, sadness, fear, worry, and pensiveness, but we should amuse ourselves and take pleasure in sweet songs, entertaining stories, and other similar things.

We should abstain from sex, if not completely, then mostly, and in such times it is not good to take a wife in marriage. Also, it is not good to have political conversations, that is, conversations about civic affairs, especially with people who are ill, or those who are prone to illness.

Pietro da Tossignano, Consiglio per la peste

Spittle-flecked political conversations: a suspected cause of contagion since the 15th century.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

On 2/26/2020 at 7:35 PM, kali Wylder said:

How to Avoid the Plague, 1494

print of six people and a cat attending to a patient in bed

We must guard ourselves against anger, sadness, fear, worry, and pensiveness, but we should amuse ourselves and take pleasure in sweet songs, entertaining stories, and other similar things.

We should abstain from sex, if not completely, then mostly, and in such times it is not good to take a wife in marriage. Also, it is not good to have political conversations, that is, conversations about civic affairs, especially with people who are ill, or those who are prone to illness.

Pietro da Tossignano, Consiglio per la peste

Spittle-flecked political conversations: a suspected cause of contagion since the 15th century.

Wait..is this the source of our modern Forum rules? I avoid engaging the ill..

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 732 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.