A Derail Thread

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 737 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

4 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

No, but it curves back towards me.

But it does not point AT you. It can't. Not even hitchhiker's thumb bends that far back. Ninety degrees is about as far as a hitchhiker's thumb will go.

https://www.healthline.com/health/hitchhikers-thumb

And yes, I did hitch around the US in the late 70s, early 80s. I don't have hitchhiker's thumb. :P

1 minute ago, Selene Gregoire said:

But it does not point AT you. It can't. Not even hitchhiker's thumb bends that far back. Ninety degrees is about as far as a hitchhiker's thumb will go.

https://www.healthline.com/health/hitchhikers-thumb

And yes, I did hitch around the US in the late 70s, early 80s. I don't have hitchhiker's thumb. :P

What about hers? (From “Even Cowgirls Get the Blues”). It gave her hitchhiking superpowers.

E5DA8393-6FDD-4E04-B728-FC9FBB0E63F5.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

What about hers? (From “Even Cowgirls Get the Blues”). It gave her hitchhiking superpowers.

E5DA8393-6FDD-4E04-B728-FC9FBB0E63F5.jpeg

I've never even heard of it and those thumbs are obviously fake. That isn't what double jointed/hitchhiker's thumb means.

2 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

I've never even heard of it and those thumbs are obviously fake. That isn't what double jointed/hitchhiker's thumb means.

I figured, just wanted you to see. FYI, it is Uma Thurman. The movie was quirky, but good.

3 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I figured, just wanted you to see. FYI, it is Uma Thurman. The movie was quirky, but good.

I recognized her.  That's how I knew the thumbs were fake and not Brachydactyly. She isn't related to the 4 cases that have been reported, all in the same family.

Other half loves the Kill Bill movies. I'm tired of seeing them. 

4 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

I recognized her.  That's how I knew the thumbs were fake and not Brachydactyly. She isn't related to the 4 cases that have been reported, all in the same family.

Other half loves the Kill Bill movies. I'm tired of seeing them. 

Reminds me of a syndrome my pastor has, she’s really tall and has very long arms.

6 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Reminds me of a syndrome my pastor has, she’s really tall and has very long arms.

Hopefully it isn't something that causes her pain.

And I just realized how long I've been posting today. Too long. I haven't gotten anything accomplished. 

/me engages lurk mode

On 5/29/2019 at 9:47 PM, Love Zhaoying said:

Arachnoid hands with long fingers as well? Is it Marfan by any chance?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 737 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.