Jump to content
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 228 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

19 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

This happened today. This was my day.

C6F0173F-1F20-460A-B8F8-CBD832415DF0.jpeg

I do hope those are not your dirty cabinets.

I'm sitting here kind of half giggling because of the cabinets and the cleaning products in the background of the first image.

As for the husky... give him/her somewhere they can see out of the windows from the floor. They will lose interest in jumping on furniture/counters to see out. They still have enough wolf blood that you can't treat them the same way you do other domestic dog breeds. They do not respond in the same manner. 

Of course, when they are initially raised outdoors, there isn't much you can do to break the habit of climbing on things for a better view of their surroundings, except for providing them with something you won't mind getting torn up.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He died in the hospital last night during treatment. I had signed a DNR, so at least he’s not suffering any more.

Many (8!) years ago, I posted a story titled "93" in the old forums. Here it is again... I turned 40 this Summer. It wasn’t something I’d planned to do, like turn 93. It just happened. I don

Though this is Dillon's forum thread, I know she won't brag about her feed thread... d That's 10,000 posts, a mix of conversation and shared music, spanning nearly seven years. This is

Posted Images

28 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

I do hope those are not your dirty cabinets.

I'm sitting here kind of half giggling because of the cabinets and the cleaning products in the background of the first image.

As for the husky... give him/her somewhere they can see out of the windows from the floor. They will lose interest in jumping on furniture/counters to see out. They still have enough wolf blood that you can't treat them the same way you do other domestic dog breeds. They do not respond in the same manner. 

Of course, when they are initially raised outdoors, there isn't much you can do to break the habit of climbing on things for a better view of their surroundings, except for providing them with something you won't mind getting torn up.

He’s getting neutered Thursday. Those cleaning products are just for urine. The cabinets aren’t usually that dirty. I’ve had this foster 2 days.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

He’s getting neutered Thursday. Those cleaning products are just for urine. The cabinets aren’t usually that dirty. I’ve had this foster 2 days.

I was teasing you about the cabinets.

I agree with Maddy. Run, puppup, run!

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

This happened today. This was my day.

C6F0173F-1F20-460A-B8F8-CBD832415DF0.jpeg

 

 

3 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

The girl is getting spayed Friday. 

61619234-B8B8-4CD1-930B-11EF3B27B5B7.jpeg

My hubby is drooling over your huskies.  He misses our babies a lot, but his work schedule is really not conducive to doggies right now.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

goodness is he ok?? I've heard bonded pairs can be difficult. When we started talking about getting a dog 4 years ago and a co-worker had the litter of 9 unwanted puppies, hubby who never dealt with a puppy before in his life wanted to get 2 from the same litter. I quickly won that argument, thank goodness, and I often reminded him of it when we were house training the one we did get LOL

Hubby showed me a picture today of a beautiful female brown dobie who looks to be only 6 months or so. Sadly there just isn't room in the bed for a 3rd potentially 70+ dog. I almost needed a chiropractor this morning after the boys hogged the bed all night lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Clover Jinx said:

goodness is he ok?? I've heard bonded pairs can be difficult. When we started talking about getting a dog 4 years ago and a co-worker had the litter of 9 unwanted puppies, hubby who never dealt with a puppy before in his life wanted to get 2 from the same litter. I quickly won that argument, thank goodness, and I often reminded him of it when we were house training the one we did get LOL

Hubby showed me a picture today of a beautiful female brown dobie who looks to be only 6 months or so. Sadly there just isn't room in the bed for a 3rd potentially 70+ dog. I almost needed a chiropractor this morning after the boys hogged the bed all night lol

Yes, he’s ok. The smaller one couldn’t follow because she’s too small to jump on the counter.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Male husky jumped through the glass kitchen window today. After which, crate training started. All is ok.

 

OMG - glad doggy is ok. I'm assuming this happened while you were gone, thus why crate training is now happening?  If they don't jump/climb fences, can you leave them outside while you are gone?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

OMG - glad doggy is ok. I'm assuming this happened while you were gone, thus why crate training is now happening?  If they don't jump/climb fences, can you leave them outside while you are gone?

I was at work. Can’t leave them outside due do digging, even with special prep. Found out the hard way.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I was at work. Can’t leave them outside due do digging, even with special prep. Found out the hard way.

Ahh, one of our first huskies was a digger.  He only dug along one fence edge though - we think he wanted to go play with the neighbor's dog.  We ended up lining that edge with an extra deep layer of river rocks, which did eliminate the digging problems.

We had another than would jump the fence, but he couldn't jump the full height from the ground.  He could only jump at a location that had a bunch of firewood near the fence, thus cutting the 6 ft jump down to a 3.5-4 ft jump.  Moving the firewood took care of that one.

They are resourceful critters, to say the least.  Out of the 4 huskies we've had over the years, only one was ever crate trained and she came to us crate trained.  The others were all much older dogs and we apparently suck at crate training because we never managed to get it done.  Luckily we were able to fix any outdoor problems and so we were able to always leave them outside whenever we weren't home.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

The others were all much older dogs and we apparently suck at crate training because we never managed to get it done. 

My current problem foster is 7, I’m scared that if crate training doesn’t work, I will let someone else adopt the pair.

My first 2 huskies were diggers, until I lined the fence with chicken wire, covered with rubble and cinder blocks, held in place by rebar. That didn’t work for this husky. I can make more improvements, but if he can’t (yet) be trusted alone in the house, I shouldn’t give him freedom of the yard either; previous owners raised them outside, that’s all they know.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

My current problem foster is 7, I’m scared that if crate training doesn’t work, I will let someone else adopt the pair.

My first 2 huskies were diggers, until I lined the fence with chicken wire, covered with rubble and cinder blocks, held in place by rebar. That didn’t work for this husky. I can make more improvements, but if he can’t (yet) be trusted alone in the house, I shouldn’t give him freedom of the yard either; previous owners raised them outside, that’s all they know.

I draped a blanket over the crate which helped turn the cage into a cozy cave that was much more pleasant for everyone. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Totally forgot that Lori did the original since it was Roberta's version that we heard on the radio all the time.

One of those things I can't forget since I heard my mother singing it before Roberta recorded it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 228 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...